8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was pretty firm on my decision to buy a civic si, but tonight I was looking at the Acura CSXs and they have great deals on right now. The TYPE-S is out of my price range, so that leaves the CSX with the K20Z2 2.0 engine.

So, I guess what I'm really wondering is if I can get more than 155HP out of a K20Z2 engine with some swaps??? My plan would be to get the CSX and Mugen or Type-R it.

Another, less immediate fun option would be to wait and see what the MMC change looks like.

elim

·
Registered
4,946 Posts
Should be in the garage section..

but if u make the turn the CSX into the mugen or type r.. id pick that if u were going for looks!
but if ur going for speen get an si...

idk how ur money flow is but it would cost a lot to hook the k20 up.. goodluck tho!

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will you be financing with Honda Finance?
Yea, thats the plan...they have 0.9% for 48 and 1.9% for 60, plus there's $2000 cash back on all remaining 07 CSXs and the dealer is willing to sell at cost+$100.

So, for a ballpark price I'm looking at for an 07 CSX Premium Package:

Dealer Invoice: $27,394
Rebate: $2000
Total: $25500ish

Thats getting pretty close to civic territory for pricing......

ELIM

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Thats a good price and you get to tease the Americans with a CSX ;)
The Civic Si has 2.9% 48m, 3.9% 60m.
Id probably choose the Si (Sedan)

·
Registered
1,261 Posts

Looks = FTW

K20z2 = Hells no

So far this was the worst motor for me to work with, pracically no intakes will work on this car, unless it's something similar to the X Intake system.

·
Registered
613 Posts
Looks = FTW

K20z2 = Hells no

So far this was the worst motor for me to work with, pracically no intakes will work on this car, unless it's something similar to the X Intake system.

i agree. my friend's K20Z2 lost power on the dyno when he installed an HKS CAI... changed it to AEM CAI and gained a bit.. along with DC Sports headers and exhaust, he gained around 25hp total

Now he drives an Si. The thing is, he misses the midrange torque that the K20Z2 gave him. The Si was all top-end, especially during mountain carving drives.

·
Registered
1,261 Posts
i agree. my friend's K20Z2 lost power on the dyno when he installed an HKS CAI... changed it to AEM CAI and gained a bit.. along with DC Sports headers and exhaust, he gained around 25hp total
uhm that seems new to me, cause when I tossed in the Fujita Intake, everything went hay wire with the check engine light.

YouTube - Acura CSX w/ Fujita SRI

i miss the WRX wannabie motor sound though:sadwavy:

·
Premium Member
37,357 Posts
CSX, it's better looking and it's not as common as the SI is anymore. Well, I'm not in Canada so I really can't back that up but I can only assume that it isn't.

Plus, get the CSX for all of us American's that were denied the privilege. Lucky, Canucks.

·
Registered
929 Posts
You know that all Civics are still at 1.5% lease rate until the end of January right? And that you can put them up to 60 months. Go to the Honda.ca website and punch in the numbers, it's really cheap to get a Si sedan, you'll be much happier than with the smaller K20 in the base CSX...

If you really don't want to lease (I can't imagine why at this rate) the Civic's are on for 0.9% finance but only up to 36 months...

·
Banned
710 Posts
^ exactly, the Si is the way to go, you wont be disapointed, the Si has great looks, whats everyone talking about, and its faster than the K20 if that matters to you.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts