8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found some scratches on my car.. some of them are very very small.. and one for some reason is failry deep. My neighbor gave me some Heavy Rubbing Compound, and something similar to ScratchX (this one is made by BlueCoral or something)

I am asking what most of you use. I hear things like... That should buff right out.... but i dont think it will.... WHAT DO I DO GODS OF 8TH CIVIC? =)

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yea?

is this stuff any good???

http://www.autobarn.net/cht-230.html thats the turtle wax he gave me

http://shop.ivalueinternet.com/washthecar/index.cfm/action/productdetail/product_id/232.htm

and this stuff

Can u link me to the stuff you said is good... cant really find it =)

Or any other advice..... i prob will go to Nissan and get touch up paint and clearcoat finish.... but i dont think these scratches are that bad... and i dont wanna ruin my paint by some dumb mistake i make trying to fix it =\

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yea i saw that... the thing is they are like a pin scratch that you can feel with your nail.

And its on the roof of the car... no clue how it got there... the dumbarses prob put something on it and it scratched it

I may try the touch up paint but like i said its not anything what the RSX had... its like somone took a pin and just scratched it.... 1 part its pretty deep 1 it isnt...

And the rubbing compound is so smooth i dont understand how thats gonna help

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Kabs said:
I may try the touch up paint but like i said its not anything what the RSX had...
Where did you say that?

I wouldn't have posted that link had you said this earlier.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
no no 2fast.... i cant type thats all =P

Thanks for the help... all i meant to do is reiterate (spelling? lol) that its not a big wide scratch... so i dont think repainting is needed =\

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
Kabs, if the scratch is very deep, try Langka first (you need the correct color touch up paint, then the Lanka process), then polish down with the 3M #39009. From there a good polisher wax, or the Zaino Z-5 swirl remover polish, followed by Z-6.

Do it in that order and you will not be able to tell there was a blemish at all. I have done this a few times on both my own, and friends cars. This is part of why I don't own black anymore. Love the look, hate the cleaning/polishing angst.

I did that process on the hood of my wife's SUV where someone had keyed it through the clearcoat and going through that process (touch up paint, Langka, 3M 39009, Z-5, Z-6) and you could not tell it had been keyed at all.

·
Registered
21,304 Posts
Kabs said:
no no 2fast.... i cant type thats all =P

Thanks for the help... all i meant to do is reiterate (spelling? lol) that its not a big wide scratch... so i dont think repainting is needed =\
oooooh ok. :) I know how irritating scratches can be. I'm sure you'll succeed in polishing them out. Keep us updated!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts