8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
fyi, i was on fgcoupe.com yesterday and they had a thread for pre-orders for the new hks sport ti exhaust through one of the vendors. so if the vendors on this site could check to see if they might be able to do the same i'm sure some folks would appreciate it. by the way there weren't any pics up yet, they said they have gotten authorization yet?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
looked on hks usa and found the info:
part#32008-BH001 Honda Civic Si 2006 Ti 120 65
Sport Exhaust Systems are designed to reduce backpressure and increase exhaust flow for greater peak power and a broader torque band. Each Legamax and Sport Exhaust application utilizes a specific muffler design and shape along with the appropriate piping diameter to maintain low-end torque while maximizing high-end horsepower.
no pics for the si yet.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
Kind of. HKS has always had the carbon ti exhaust for turbo applications, i guess now they are making a sport ti for n/a applications. Maybe they are dropping the H-power which was used for the rsx and older civics. Both the Ti-c and the carbon ti are angled and have a burnt tip, however the carbon ti has its canister wrapped in carbon fiber. I looked on HKS website just now and actually the exhaust is nothing like the ti-c or the hi-power or the carbon ti. It looks more like an sp2 or comtech exhaust. I really hope they change it.

http://hksusa.com/images/?id=1153

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
FijiPhil said:
Kind of. HKS has always had the carbon ti exhaust for turbo applications, i guess now they are making a sport ti for n/a applications. Maybe they are dropping the H-power which was used for the rsx and older civics. Both the Ti-c and the carbon ti are angled and have a burnt tip, however the carbon ti has its canister wrapped in carbon fiber. I looked on HKS website just now and actually the exhaust is nothing like the ti-c or the hi-power or the carbon ti. It looks more like an sp2 or comtech exhaust. I really hope they change it.

http://hksusa.com/images/?id=1153
hmm..i c. is this an actuall picture of the exhaust, or is it just a reference of the style???

·
Registered
9,758 Posts

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
that is the pic from their website and im pretty sure thats an si with hfp lip kit. Quiet is not in HKS's vocab u can bet it will be loud i just wish they made the hi power for our cars i love that exhaust.

·
Premium Member
3,390 Posts
DanDB64 said:
Take a look at the car... :biggrin:

thanks smart one. i only had this link :[http://hksusa.com/images/?id=1153 not the other one. and i knew the back end didnt resemble that of a civic. but anyway, i guess i was thrown off by the ti in the name, i thought it was going to be similar to the ti-c or the one they had in carbon. my original question was just that, but i saw the other link and now i have my answer. thanks !!!!:laughing:

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
yeah i wish it was like the hi-power that they had for the rsx and other civics. Maybe they will still try and introduce a hi-power. its not like u cant buy the sport ti and then weld on the hipower cansiter to the sport ti piping.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Maybe this will be the exhaust I'm looking for.Stock style muffler,but with more sound than SP2 or Tanabe.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
i don't think this is a pic of a civic, the pic on the site has been there for as long as i can remember. so it may look totally different? we just have to wait and see.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts