8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6,543 Posts
how can you say your not racist when you just "made a funny" about old oriental ppl? First, let me say this, an accident is an accident. regardless of race, religion, color, or anyother type of discriminating factor you choose to use.

I hope your car gets fixed, getting into an accident does suck.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Reguardless of how pissed you are about your car (and that does suck)weather its a "fact" or not; thats not cool posting this. There are bad drivers everywhere and in every form. Why couldnt you have just said she was elderly, it gets the same point accross. And not saying you are racist but does'nt mean it isnt an ignorant comment. Just something to think about.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
how can you say your not racist when you just "made a funny" about old oriental ppl? First, let me say this, an accident is an accident. regardless of race, religion, color, or anyother type of discriminating factor you choose to use.

I hope your car gets fixed, getting into an accident does suck.
No discriminating factor was used. It is a fact, an old oriental lady hit me, and clearly didn't understand what she had done or why it was wrong, then tried to place blame on someone else instead of taking responsibility for her driving.

·
Registered
350 Posts
No discriminating factor was used. It is a fact, an old oriental lady hit me, and clearly didn't understand what she had done or why it was wrong, then tried to place blame on someone else instead of taking responsibility for her driving.
First of all stop using "Oriental" to describe her. Word on the street is that they don't like that. :police:

·
Registered
106 Posts
He wrote DWO....why not DWE driving while elderly hmmm....I wonder what skin color he/she is???

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
I don't think it's being "racist" as much as "prejudice". Yes, he cites race, but I don't think that he falls into the category of "racist" based on the definition:

"a belief or doctrine that inherent differences among the various human races determine cultural or individual achievement, usually involving the idea that one's own race is superior and has the right to rule others. "

I didn't see where he said "White people can drive better than Asians." He just said that it seems Asians (specifically in his area) are more prone to being bad drivers.

Prejudice: "an unfavorable opinion or feeling formed beforehand or without knowledge, thought, or reason."

I guess that's not the point of the post. TS, I totally understand your frustration but being prejudice against Asians, regardless of how you feel about them as a whole, is not going to fix your car. Plus Asians (Japanese more specifically) make one hell of a car! ...and Asian women can be HOT!. :thumb:

(both definitions from dictionary.com)

·
Registered
4,442 Posts
DWO??!! :shady: sorry for your scratches. They can be easily fixed. As for the driver who hit you....Old people in general tend to be a little "slow" when it comes to driving. Not just "orientals" :coffee:....It could've been an old black lady, spanish lady, caucasian lady...no use in pointing out where she was from...

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
OMG are you guys serious. Why when someone throws out a race all of the sudden you get like a dozen ppl get all serious about it. Look we all know Asians cant drive, hell my best friend is Japanese and i will never go for a drive w/ his dad again, ever. Also they were old so thats like accident to-the-power-of 2.

Also if they were Chinese look at their driving laws, its nuts. Its more of a fact that ppl over there dont drive like we do here, so when they come here, guess what happens? lol

·
Registered
158 Posts
He was stereotyping, implying that orientals are bad drivers. People will get upset over that, but it was not a racist remark.

·
Registered
350 Posts
Make coments like that somewhere else. Joke or not, you cant type something in a forum and expect it to not offend anyone. Nobody is mad, its just not a good idea to express your frustration that way.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
Seems like this thread is 100% worthless, especially since the first post is gone.

Closed.

We will not tolerate racism in any way here.

·
Still dropping trout
16,213 Posts
I wanted to go ahead and point out a rule for you:
9. Post subjects should give an honest description of the content inside. This information should either be included in the subject or description line. Furthermore, subjects and messages should not have any derogatory comments towards any race, gender, sexuality, ethnic background, or age.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.