8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Man, I'm so mad.:chill: Somebody hit my car on the passenger side. I was downtown having a good time and went home. A friend of mine came over to get me to help her move a couch and asked me what happened to my car.:SHOCKED: I said, "What are you talking about?" I saw it and FREAKED OUT! They didn't even leave any information. Well, here are some pictures. It doesn't look like much, but I've taken it to two different places and they average around...$2650.00!!!!!! I couldn't believe it would cost that much, but they have to replace the door skins on the front and rear doors and pull out the rocker panel and repaint and blend. Anyway,

:sadwavy:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
customh66 said:
not as bad gonna cost you a lil to fix it...
It doesn't look that bad, but it's going to cost around $2600.00 to fix! That's an avg. of two places. One is a very well respected place and the other is the dealership bodyshop. I trust the dealership because they fixed my bumper one time and it was a very good price. I just about sh*T when I got a quote for $2800., then I took it to the other place and they quoted $2500. I couldn't believe it. :SHOCKED:

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Not really, but it would show some class at least. At least own up to what you did. I'm thinking some drunk a** that shouldn't have been driving in the first place, realized what they did and left.

·
Registered
6,954 Posts
I've been the victim of being backed into, trailer hitched, door creased, and a few other things and not one person has ever left information. I have no faith whatsoever in my fellow man to 'do the right thing'.

This is why if I see someone do something (such as back into another car, side swipe, etc.), or see an accident happen, I always stop, and provide witness, or in the case of seeing someone back into someone's car, I let the person who did the damage know that I saw them do it and would be letting the owner know their car, license plate, etc., if they did not advise the owner themselves.

Yes, that may seem like being a prick to some, however, if it was you who had your car damaged, or got in an accident where the at-fault party was claiming 'you' caused the accident, wouldn't you be happy to have someone there who is looking out for your interests?

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
Janizary said:
Yes, that may seem like being a prick to some, however, if it was you who had your car damaged, or got in an accident where the at-fault party was claiming 'you' caused the accident, wouldn't you be happy to have someone there who is looking out for your interests?
That's not a prick thing at all. I would be more of an ******* and NOT let them know I was paying attention. That way if they ran off without leaving info, I'd just stick it to them by leaving it myself, and let them deal with the surprise.

I remember last xmas I was in the parking lot of Bed Bath and Beyond while my sister was picking up our Roomba (sweet ass cleaning robot) for my mom. Two teenage chicks were in their car and whipped it around the lot and didn't realize my car was coming down the same path they were turning into. They panicked and tried to go around me, hitting the edge of a jeep and breaking off a substantial bit of the plastic. Instead of stopping, they got that 'deer in the headlights' look, backed out and drove off. As they were reversing back, I took down their license plate and parked near the car, waiting for the driver to come back. Turns out he was in the car, but didn't even get any info, with a shocked look on his face. Gave him the license plate number and you wouldn't beleive how grateful the guy was. I hope that chick got a nice visit from the cops later on - she had it coming.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Bambamsd said:
It doesn't look that bad, but it's going to cost around $2600.00 to fix! That's an avg. of two places. One is a very well respected place and the other is the dealership bodyshop. I trust the dealership because they fixed my bumper one time and it was a very good price. I just about sh*T when I got a quote for $2800., then I took it to the other place and they quoted $2500. I couldn't believe it. :SHOCKED:
s%$t didnt see the bottom part yea about that much.... well hit and runs suck i feel his pain...:yeahthat:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Hey Clay, sorry to hear about that. Your car is so sweet. I can't stand these miscreants who damage someone's property and then drive off. Wish you could find the jerk.

·
Registered
2,330 Posts
damn man thats rough, so messed up. ive gotten keyed in the parking lot while at work thank goodness it was real light and i was able to use some scratch x.

thats alot of body work being done to ur car. if u file an insurance claim wont that raise ur insurance? isnt it better to go to the body shop and not file it. my mom's grille on her SUV got hit in Walmart and we didnt file with the insurance. everyone said it wasnt a good idea to do so.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts