8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had my car hit while it was parked and the driver drove off and never left any information. It looks pretty bad and does anyone know if this would be a totaled car?

·
Registered
396 Posts
best thing u can do is call the cops...and im sure the other car is pretty messed up as well so they gonna have to take it to the body shop, and maybe the cops can catch em that way "if they even bother to"

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
Report it to the police. See if you can identify the paint left on your car from the other car. It would seem that the right front of the car that hit you would be heavily damaged, unless you were sideswiped by a truck or something. Sorry to see that. Gotta love people. Stupid A$$hats.

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
I don't think it's a total - the car still runs right? The best you can do is have the insurance pay for this.

I had this happen to me a while back - sucks MAJOR A$$

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Looks high enough to be a van or a truck. But, wow is that bad.

I would hardly be able to contain myself if I were you. Your post reads like you're completely calm about it.

Prob a DUI like mark-o-lishuz said. What's worse: DUI or leaving the scene of an accident? Get him. Throw him under the jail. Bury the jail. Burn the mound.

·
Premium Member
10,506 Posts
CatScratched said:
Looks high enough to be a van or a truck. But, wow is that bad.

I would hardly be able to contain myself if I were you. Your post reads like you're completely calm about it.

Prob a DUI like mark-o-lishuz said. What's worse: DUI or leaving the scene of an accident? Get him. Throw him under the jail. Bury the jail. Burn the mound.
The truth is that Hit and Run is better on your record (and criminally) than a DUI, making it advantageous to run...

Sad, but true

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hell, I am really pissed about this. The police have at least traced it to an '88 or '89 Chevy 3/4 ton truck. Thats as far as they have gotten to finding the vehicle though. I am hoping its total in a way because the car will never drive the same ever again and I have only had the car for a year and a half. Flippin' drunk bastards. Neighbors heard the crash but looked out and never saw anything. This guy was in a hurry. :mad: :mad:

1 - 20 of 45 Posts