8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today, as I'm on my way out for work, I see that some jackass hit my car. I was so upset to see what happened. Apparently, someone slid into my front bumper, look to see what happened and then take off without leaving a note. I called the cops to file a report and took pictures (even of their footprints) just in case. As upset as I was, I'm glad it is just my bumper that is damaged.

I haven't filed a claim with Geico yet and don't know if I should. I have a good rate of about 800 a year with them and I don't want it to go up. Since the accident wasn't my fault, should I worry about this?

Anways, here are some pictures of my baby damaged...

Finally.. the bastard's footprints

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
your best bet would probably be to order an unpainted bumper off collegehillshonda, bring it to a shop with ur paint code and have them prime paint and clear it... then just replace the bumper urself... because i dont think that can be fixed but im not sure

·
VIP Member
12,350 Posts
Since the accident wasn't my fault, should I worry about this?
Id say be well prepared more than worry. Most insurance companies (from what I heard of in stories) will find any way they can to bend you over. Fault or not at fault. Sorry to hear about this though. Could've been worse.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
No such luck... My headlight has a scratch in it, my rear wheel might have some rash.. bumper is definitely done... I'm wondering if I can put a claim for all of that and just repair the bumper for now. With a $500 deductible, do you think it would be worth it?

·
Registered
5,288 Posts
No such luck... My headlight has a scratch in it, my rear wheel might have some rash.. bumper is definitely done... I'm wondering if I can put a claim for all of that and just repair the bumper for now. With a $500 deductible, do you think it would be worth it?
When somebody hit my front bumper, it costed ~600 for a new one. His insurance paid for it.

Here's what mine looked like.
http://i17.tinypic.com/871yd0l.jpg

·
Registered
374 Posts
get a quote from your body shop and see if its more than 500.00 to do the repair....Geico has its own body shops and if you go with their shops they warranty their work for the life of your car and they fix it in one day....I went through this process not to long ago and it worked out smooth....Geico rocks!!!

·
Registered
1,546 Posts
800 dollars a year!!!
i pay 1500 every 6 months!!
anyway man good luck with that, only an ******* would hit someone and not take responsibility

·
Registered
59 Posts
that sucks, what's wrong with people these days. if they do something dumb, they just run away. i've almost been nailed by people running red lights at least 5 times in the past 2 weeks. it's like it turns red...they PASS people stopping so they can run the light and aim for me. and yea how can you drive in that ice? i hope your tranny is ok from getting knocked around like that and your wheel too. you might be able to find a bumper in the classifieds on here.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Driving wasn't that bad actually... The car will drive fine if you drive carefully... it's the other morons who don't know how to drive that makes it dangerous. I've got an appointment tomorrow to check it out... I'm afraid of what they are going to say. Merry Christmas to me :0(

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Hit and run (at least in Texas) goes under your uninsured/under-insured coverage and therefore DOES NOT effect your rates in anyway. Call your insurance agent and ask how a hit-and-run works in your state then make your decision... don't base you decision off of what a bunch of random people say on a car forum that may or may not know the laws in your state.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.