8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hit A Tire... My Poor Civic! (UPDATED W/PICS!)

Coming home tonight I hit a blown out tire at ~75 MPH. The front bumper is cracked in the middle pretty bad (around 12" of splittage). The bottom side of my front bumper is missing about an inch or two all the way to the wheel, which might be bent. I also noticed my front Civic H emblem is missing, and I think it was there this morning. The inner fender liner was completely ripped out, and my muffler is hanging real low and scraping on every road bump. The whole car lifted off the ground when I hit it. Anyway I am pretty pissed. :chill: :eek:hnoes:

I drive a 96 Civic LX sedan.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Holy crap man that's my worst nightmare. I tend to stay away from cars ahead of me on the highway and I always keep a lookout up ahead for random road debris.

I've dodged way too many blown out truck tires while driving. One time, there was a dishwasher box in the middle of the highway that I had to dodge. I didn't want to find out if there was a dishwasher in there.

·
Registered
723 Posts
i was driving home one day with my old ek-9 in the middle lane. i had a car in front of me, behind me, and to my right. with my periferal vision i see a steelie rolling faster than my car in the left shoulder. mind you i was going about 65mph. i looked back real quick and there was no accident of any kind. then i noticed it turning to the right. i rocked it with my front bumper. it didnt leave much damage surprisingly. i guess cuz it was moving faster than i was. all it did was break the frame, bend the plate, and scratch the bumper a little

·
Registered
94 Posts
Road Kill

One time I was in a hurry to get to a job interview and I was going about 80 on the freeway and I was tailgating a newer mustang gt. He slammed his brakes and I was like wtf and I slammed my brakes too. All of a sudden I see this big ****** dog rolling from underneath his car and I had no way of getting out of the way. All kinds of blood hit my windshield. It was sick. Once I get to the interview I got down and checked my car. I had blood all over my bumber, hood, and side view mirrors. Luckily it didnt damage anything or leave any chunks of the dog.After the interview I went straight to the car wash.They looked at me like I had killed someone.lol.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts