8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
You might get lucky and get it totaled out. Looks like frame damage in the front. Also, our cars are known for the roof collapsing, check it out and see if you're lucky enough...it'll be totaled if there's damage to it.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You might get lucky and get it totaled out. Looks like frame damage in the front. Also, our cars are known for the roof collapsing, check it out and see if you're lucky enough...it'll be totaled if there's damage to it.
I hope so. If not, every body panel on the car will be aftermarket... Got smacked by a drunk driver last winter and replaced the driver quarter panel, driver door and rear bumper.

·
Registered
8,235 Posts
I hope so. If not, every body panel on the car will be aftermarket... Got smacked by a drunk driver last winter and replaced the driver quarter panel, driver door and rear bumper.
That's a lot man, hope it gets taken care of.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Expensive damage, but not likely totaled. The Cost of repair has to be more than the value of the car (KBB) or has to have frame damage.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Expensive damage, but not likely totaled. The Cost of repair has to be more than the value of the car (KBB) or has to have frame damage.
The repair bill doesn't have to be more than book value for your vehicle, some insurance company will totalled it when the repair bill is beyond 70% of your vehicle's market value. But every insurance company is different! Just go ask them! How do I know this? I got my 2008 Pontiac G8 GT totalled two weeks ago, now I have 2010 Si in my garage. Good luck with everything.

·
Premium Member
7,908 Posts
hopefully you also took pics of the deer because anyone can crash and just say "Oh, I hit a deer."

1 - 20 of 43 Posts