8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, i recently hit a curb covered in snow and it seriously messed up my alignment. i took the wheel off and nothing looks broken, but i was more concerned with the wheel. how much does it take to bend a rim? i hit the curb at about 15-20 with the wheels turned so the wheel hit somewhat flat against the curb. surprisingly there is not too much curb rash in the wheel. thanks for any input fellas/gals.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
hey guys, i recently hit a curb covered in snow and it seriously messed up my alignment. i took the wheel off and nothing looks broken, but i was more concerned with the wheel. how much does it take to bend a rim? i hit the curb at about 15-20 with the wheels turned so the wheel hit somewhat flat against the curb. surprisingly there is not too much curb rash in the wheel. thanks for any input fellas/gals.

You have to be going around 15-25mph depending on how hard you hit the rim and where you hit it. If you hit the rim dead on at that speed going that fast, it's more likely to bend the rim rather than hitting at an angle.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts