8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I was driving home last night in my 07 LX Sedan and almost missed a turn so i kind of turned going quickly at a sharp angle and hit a median curb... Very stupid and embarrassing.

Anyway, today I took some photos and I guess I'll take it to the dealership tomorrow. Does anyone know how much this will cost to fix? I guess I can probably keep the same bumper. Don't exactly have the money to get a new one. Does anyone know what that plastic assembly is behind the bumper? Part of it cracked and it seems to have separated from the rest of the assembly.

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
remove the lower part of the intake (resonator) and push the bumper back on below the headlight. Looks like it just popped of.

I dont think you really need to go to the dealership if you are not gonna fix it now.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I sent these photos to a body shop owner that I know personally and he said a ballpark figure of $500-$600 :eek:mg:

Surely it can be done cheaper, right? The bumper looks fine to still be used. And in the interest of keeping my car close to what it originally was, I would like to replace the "intake resonator" with a new one. Does anyone have any idea what this should cost? I was hoping to do it out of pocket.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I sent these photos to a body shop owner that I know personally and he said a ballpark figure of $500-$600 :eek:mg:

Surely it can be done cheaper, right? The bumper looks fine to still be used. And in the interest of keeping my car close to what it originally was, I would like to replace the "intake resonator" with a new one. Does anyone have any idea what this should cost? I was hoping to do it out of pocket.
College Hills Honda Parts

intake resonator assembly around $40

·
Registered
4,867 Posts
Ouch. Yeah your going to have to replace your bumper and check out your intake resonator. If I were you, it sounds like a good oppertunity for a CAI / SRI and the HFP front. Sorry to hear about this.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
500-600 i dont think is too bad for that, actually. thats the equivalent of 300-400 to repaint the bumper plus 4hrs of labor @ $50/h (which is cheap).
Most of the paint damage is on that part that begins to slope downward so cosmetically it doesn't look that bad. I can live with the bumper looking like that at least till I have more money to throw at this thing. I know there's DIY guides on how to take the bumper off I can follow, would installing the intake resonator be that difficult?

·
Registered
2,128 Posts
$500 sounds about right while factoring a new bumper and paint...

and yeah that stripping of the plastic on the bottom is normal, its much more flexible than the top of the bumper....

considering its plastic, i think you'll need a new bumper.... if it were a metal panel you could get it out relatively easily

·
Registered
513 Posts
it shouldn't be bad, just some bolts and maybe some tight spots but nothing bad. see if you can enlist the help of another 8th member close by to help you out!

·
Registered
785 Posts

Thats pretty cheap. Would the HFP lip cover it?

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
looks like your intake resinator dude sometimes it better to just keep going straight when you miss a turn lol
:rotfl: that's what i do, i end up wasting gas :banghead:

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Update: First, I took it to a Honda dealer just for fun. The tech saw the damage, gave me an estimate of $640, and I said I'd think about it. He told me to be careful driving it because of the loose resonator. Thanks.

I then looked on Yelp I found a very highly rated body shop about 5 miles from me. Took it over there. The guy looked it over and said that it isn't too bad. He even peeled off the end of the bumper, removed the resonator, and helped me snap in the bumper back and screw it back in. He told me it would be anywhere in the range of $240 - $300 depending on a few factors and whether they have to take the entire bumper off or not. He's also including the liner which is missing (didn't notice that myself). I'm taking it back there in a week and he'll fix it up. Here's some pics of the bumper again, notice that it's about perfectly flush still, so I'm not sure why I'd have to replace it except for cosmetic reasons.

And here's the broken part:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts