8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
379 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
searched searched and searched

ok i have a strong feeling its a slow leak because my back right tire has been deflating every 2 weeks + and i've been needing to refill it

but today for the first time i actually heard a hissing noise coming specifically from that area

assuming it was a leak i just wanted to see how bad it was so i went to work. when i came back out no hissing, and the tire wasnt flat or anything

pressure seemed fine etc etc

drove home took the freeway for a bit and same noise once i parked the car.. checked a min ago, no noise, tire is perfectly fine.. no seemingly decrease in pressure or anything

any suggestions as to why there is this hissing noise?

·
Registered
317 Posts
Mix some liquid soap and water,dip a brush in it and brush it on the stem ,around the rim and see if there is any bubbles anywhere,if you see bubbles then you have a leak.

·
Registered
2,964 Posts
Sometimes with a slow leak depending on how the tire is sitting when parked it may not leak. If the spot is flexing a certain way or if the leak is down agains the ground it may stop when sitting. Also, if there is something in the tire as it shifts around during driving it can also cause the leak to come and go.

You can try the soapy water method yourself or just take it somewhere and have it checked out. Most tire places don't charge much to check/fix a tire if the damage can be plugged.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Sometimes with a slow leak depending on how the tire is sitting when parked it may not leak. If the spot is flexing a certain way or if the leak is down agains the ground it may stop when sitting. Also, if there is something in the tire as it shifts around during driving it can also cause the leak to come and go.

You can try the soapy water method yourself or just take it somewhere and have it checked out. Most tire places don't charge much to check/fix a tire if the damage can be plugged.

:yeahthat:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts