8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 20 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anybody wants to get HIR bulbs for their low beams I have found a good and cheaper place to get them besides online. Call your local John Deere dealer. Part number for low beams is AH211917. This is the same Toshiba HIR bulb. Range in price from $10-$13 EACH. They are found on 9000 series tractor. Will still have to get high beam elsewhere.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, I found that out on bobistheoilguy forums and did some searching myself and it is true. Heck of a lot cheaper than the $60 or so I payed for mine when I got them. Now I have a new source for when they burn out.

·
Registered
868 Posts
very nice... i knew they came on certain models of john deeres but could not find a part number. This should get merged into a bulb information sticky!

good find

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
do they burn out easily? I was about to pay $27 per bulb from dan stern, but if i can get them for $27 a PAIR, thats great. I'll try them out.

oh yeah what is john deere exactly? is it a hardware store? u think i can find it locally, or i gotta call them and order? thx

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
That website also shows the trimming that you have to do to the top tab so they will lock into place in the housing.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
that is a great diagram, I just used a dremmel on low speed and it took me a few minutes to do it. You could also use nail clippers taking off small bits at a time.

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
Well i called my local john deere parts dealer, they don't currently have it in stock, but will in a week or so. Non of the other dealers in this area have it in stock either, they also couldn't confirm whether or not it was a 9012 bulb

but does HIR2 = 9012??

if it is, then i got the right bulb and i'll order it today

·
Registered
1,264 Posts
1 - 20 of 208 Posts