8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Visted a dealer to test drive a Si-Sedan and was told I couldn't without a deposit because its a "high performance vehicle" Salesmen proceeded to tell me about the hp, etc, etc like i didn't know. I proceeded to let him know my currect car is a 300whp 02 Si. Shut him up quick, but regardless no test drive. :Mad: Has this happen to anyone else? I'm looking at few different car right now to purchase, i'd like to stick to my Si roots though and really wanted to feel one out on the road.

BTW, My names Justin from West Palm Beach, Florida and I'm a newb here. :dancing:

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
When I was looking at an Si Sedan, the salesman tossed me the keys and said, "drive it", "drive it like it was meant to be driven". Hit VTEC and redlined a couple of times. Car was such a blast to drive, I immediately decided to get one. I think it depends on the dealership as to whether or not you can test drive one.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do you think its a good performer in stock form? I'm not looking to mod it at all, just a good daily driver.

·
Registered
346 Posts
jdm justin said:
Do you think its a good performer in stock form? I'm not looking to mod it at all, just a good daily driver.
Hell yeah... it's got balls to spare :vtec:

BTW, I just bought one a month ago and at 3 different dealerships no douche-bag tried to say that to me! Try a new dealership :thumb:

·
Registered
104 Posts
You can't go into a dealer with a fast looking car, you don't tell them what you have. You tell them that you have the money and you want to be placed in a car with in 2 weeks. Tell them not to waist your time if they can't help.

If you go in there asking for a test drive they know they wont likely make a sale and wont work with you.

That's my 2 cents. It's always worked for me, I have also driven into the lot with a 97 Toyota T100, or take your mom's grocery getter...

·
Registered
5,804 Posts
I didn't test drive my car until i deposited and it finally arrived. Dealers usually want to keep the mileage low in these cars

·
Registered
517 Posts
i went to 4 dealers and got to test teh Si's multiple times with dif. sales reps.

prolly got a douchey dealer... just means they prolly dont have great service.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts
jdm justin said:
I had every intention of keeping my Si stock and use it as a dd. While I do use it frequently as a dd, the mod bug hit. Once you've had a taste of VTEC, you want more of it in greater amounts. I already have an intake and cat back exhaust ordered and plan to do a race header, HFC and Hondata next spring.

·
Registered
5,850 Posts
i got to test drive my 4dr si, i test drove to habi red and vtec the crap outa it, then i bought the red one ;)

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ehh.. i've modded many cars, i'm not interested in the scene anymore. I'm just looking for something comfortable with a little kick,4 doors, and its gotta be a honda. :thumb: I'll try another dealer.
My Current car:

·
CHOO-CHOO!!!!!!
14,929 Posts
When I went to test drive the Si, it was raining slightly. The dealer put me through all sorts of crap, and even told me they don't test drive when it's raining. I said, " You don't sell many cars then do you?" After about 15 minutes of talking to the manager (yeah right) he finally let me drive the car. Of course I loved it, but was so pissed at the guy that I vowed not to buy the car from him. I went to some other dealerships, but couldn't get any of them to come down on the price. So I went back to the original dealership, and asked to speak with the sales manager. After explaining all the crap the first dealer put me through, I told him that just because I don't look like an executive in a power suit, doesn't mean I cant pay for the car in full. After hearing that, he was very quick to get me a cool dealer to work with. While I was waiting, the original dealer saw me, and had a huge smile on his face like he was about to make a deal. I told him how he had offended me, and that I had asked for another dealer. Then I bought the car, and he felt like an ass.

·
Registered
5,595 Posts
jdm justin said:
ehh.. i've modded many cars, i'm not interested in the scene anymore. I'm just looking for something comfortable with a little kick,4 doors, and its gotta be a honda. :thumb: I'll try another dealer.
My Current car:

Nice EP3! go with an EX Sedan with navi. :thumb:

1 - 20 of 36 Posts