8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

81 - 100 of 124 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
208,xxx on 2007 Si Sedan. Minor mods, a little air conditioning work and new clutch. Daily driver and monthly autocrosser for five years now. Still runs like the day she was new.

·
Registered
39 Posts
111k with an Injen CAI and Exedy clutch/flywheel. Mechanically, it runs like a champ. 3rd gear a tad rough to get into however, but not terrible. Mostly been dealing with cosmetic stuff like paint and trim. Replaced both front headlight assemblies with some nice halos. Definitely see better at night now. Changed spark plugs last summer and got a clean bill of health from my local race shop Iv'e been going to for 15 years.

·
Registered
1,256 Posts
Just sold my Si to my little brother at 136k. Running I/H/E/FP. Runs like new...well except it burns like a quart of oil every thousand miles. I'm sure it'll see many more miles.

·
Super Moderator
2,160 Posts
Still running like a kitten.

I'm at 192,XXX now.

mods yet to do:
1) leather seats with heated front seat pads (like factory)
2) ACC (Auto Climate Control)
3) Front camera
4) lots of odds and ends (fix my LED lighted sills (not working now), etc)

·
Registered
33 Posts
bone stock FA5 in Taffeta white. picked her up with 99k on the clock; currently at 106k... it's been the best 7k of my life. just change the MTF to GM Synchromesh and switched to a full synthetic 5w30 (Mobil 1 Extended Performance) and she feels brand new. looking forward to that 150k mark!

·
Registered
35 Posts
Does anyone know how many miles the r18 can take before it breaks down? I know there are various people with over 200k.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Does anyone know how many miles the r18 can take before it breaks down? I know there are various people with over 200k.
I've seen Honda engines as high as 400,000kms on them. As long as you can keep the engine well maintained, they can last a very long time

81 - 100 of 124 Posts