8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I got flashpro couple weeks ago and flashed a completely stock maf tune (stupid me). Although rev hang was kind of gone, and throttle respone was a lot better, it still felt a bit sluggish (only mods are a skunk2 megapower rr, the 3” one). Stock intake, header and only a catback. So I’ve heard that although the race tuned basemaps (map based tunes) are a bit outdated, they run better, I am planning on getting an etune/dynotune but after I get all my bolt ons sorted out, just need a daily driver. So I flashed the map tune and did a datalog for about 15mins, out of nowhere I get around 600+ knocks in the end of the run, and I had audible pinging, which I know is bad. Flashed back to a completely stock maf tune and everything was fine, low knock count but it was sluggish. What could be causing the race tune to have a high knock count? When on the stock maf tune its fine?

·
Registered
174 Posts
The race tune gonna have more timing. If your fuel is slightly lower octane or if your intake air temp is high it can cause pinging. Just get the E-tune so it is made specifically for your car.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts