8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay so I installed the Mishtmoto SRI a couple of weeks ago, dyno'd it etc and everything was running fine. Just this past monday I had to drive 420 miles up north, then a day later another 420 miles south (about 900 miles give or take). It was snowing up north and rainy the whole way down. Needless to say I did some spirited driving on the highway, but nothing too crazy. Upon getting home, letting the engine wind down, and shutting it off, I awoke the next morning and started the car, and my idle rpm's were about 1k higher than normal. After driving the car for a while the idle issues went away, but i smelled a burnt rubber smell in the engine bay as well. Im wondering what might be wrong with my engine to make it idle that high. Normally it idles at 700-900 rpm...now its about 1500-1700. Any ideas?

Never had any idle issues since this, even with the SRI.

·
Registered
2,125 Posts
my cold starts usually idles around 2k right away. then lowers to 1.5.

how long was the engine running? Everything seems fine to me.

·
Registered
724 Posts
yea cold starts are high idle, and the smell could be the coolant that dripped out when u were installing the sri

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
oh okay i see, so when the temp normals out it should go back, thanks for the info guys! I thought I had a major problem there

1 - 5 of 5 Posts