8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so is Random tech the only high flow cat that will fit the Si? are there any other companies with a high flow cat that will hook up to the stock exhaust??

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
just google it and you'll find a ton...but to give you a headstart there is also a magnaflow and AJP one..not 100% sure if they bolt up to stock piping though

·
Registered
95 Posts
bolt on and go- random
weld in- magnaflow
Fit and finish wise the R/T cat is nice. AJP is pretty pricey too. It just all depends how deep your pockets are.
I'm running random cat.
Anyway you go, get the spark plug defouler, you may not need it but atleast if you do you wont have to get back under there to install it.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
random technologies is the only one that will bolt on (ajp is made by random tech.), the rest require cutting and welding.

vibrant now makes a race header w/ a high flow cat though. might want to check that out @ www.corsportusa.com

·
Registered
524 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
cool thanx guys.....i jus think for a cat 300+ is kinda pricey but it is bolt on so....

·
Registered
281 Posts
baz938 said:
cool thanx guys.....i jus think for a cat 300+ is kinda pricey but it is bolt on so....
from what i unerstand, stock replacement from factory = $700+. whereas $375 for bolt-on is very good. definately look into vibrant or co what someone else did, bcrh + magnaflow weld on. its somewhere on here. 2c

·
Premium Member
5,354 Posts
I've got the Random cat and have been satisfied with it so far. I've had no CELs or other issues. It adds to the exhaust sound and, IMO, is nearly perfect when combined with my Greddy Evo 2. However, that Vibrant header with cat is tempting...

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have the Random now, seems to be pretty good...I have it matched with the Tanabe Exhaust. But I do get Droning on occasion, does anyone else get any droning? with their R/t and Exhaust combo's? Can't explain why it happens on occasion...

·
Registered
191 Posts
Skin441 said:
bolt on and go- random
weld in- magnaflow
Fit and finish wise the R/T cat is nice. AJP is pretty pricey too. It just all depends how deep your pockets are.
I'm running random cat.
Anyway you go, get the spark plug defouler, you may not need it but atleast if you do you wont have to get back under there to install it.
+1 I used the R/T cat with comptech header for about 3-4k miles with no defouler and no cell. I've currently been using the BCRH with no cat with angled defouler for about 3k miles and no cell. Otherwise, ya R/T cat or AJP (modified R/T cat) are bolt on and fit very well. The magnaflow hi flow cats you're gonna have to weld in.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
is it possible to weld a random tech hi-flow cat to the buddy club race header?

the vibrant header with hi-flow cat looks nice but i'm not sure about the quality and performance promises of vibrant.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
I also would like to just run a hi-flow cat and then maybe an aftermarket exhaust system. Are there any gains when putting on just the hi-flow cat...

·
Registered
2,754 Posts
Englishe30 said:
I also would like to just run a hi-flow cat and then maybe an aftermarket exhaust system. Are there any gains when putting on just the hi-flow cat...
Yes the Random Tech cat is 300 cell, and it will flow more exhaust than the stock unit. By itself you could expect gains of about 7-8 hp and then gains of about 15 hp with the exhaust.

PM me if you need a RT cat.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts
Cookstar said:
I've got the Random cat and have been satisfied with it so far. I've had no CELs or other issues. It adds to the exhaust sound and, IMO, is nearly perfect when combined with my Greddy Evo 2. However, that Vibrant header with cat is tempting...

Agree 100% I have it bolted up to a vibrant exhaust and have been 100% happy with it so far. good addition to the upper rpm's

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
Excelerate said:
Yes the Random Tech cat is 300 cell, and it will flow more exhaust than the stock unit. By itself you could expect gains of about 7-8 hp and then gains of about 15 hp with the exhaust.

PM me if you need a RT cat.
How bout torque?

·
Registered
404 Posts
Not sure but I know it bolted right up to my GReddy Evo2 with no probs... Does your Ti-C bolt direct to the factory Cat?? If so I wouldn't see any probs...

NewYorkJon said:
Can you hook up the R/T Cat with the Greddy Ti-C exhaust?

Would it make a difference or is it not even worth it?

1 - 20 of 28 Posts