8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
535 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried searching and couldn't find a answer...

Is there anyway I can have the low beams off when the high beams come on. I have HID's for the low beams and it gets really annoying when they turn on with the high beams. Is there a way to just have the high beams on and no low beams?

·
Registered
525 Posts
Hmm... on the same note, I would like to use my High beams for flashing, instead of turning on my lows... I've got HID lows and I don't think it's good for the bulb lifetime.

(sorry to thread jack, but it's close to the same issue)

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
your HID bulbs should outlast your car. But no, I'm not sure you can turn off your low beams other than completely disconnecting them, unless you have the electrical knowledge to rewire the whole thing. But driving with your high beams is a bad idea. The difference between high and low beams aren't just the brightness, low beams are pointed lower toward the ground so you don't blind passing cars while high are pointed much higher so you can see farther in dark places where there is no light. If you HIDs are too bright for your highs to be effective, then you should either get yellow bulbs for your high beams like I did, or get an HID kit for your highs.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.