8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,300 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm sorry to ask this question as it's probably been asked before. I tried to search but got no good results.

What are the best non HID bulbs to get that will match my HID's the best?

I have 6000k HID's.

Thanks alot in advance for any help.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
sorry, but I think you should try H.I.D.'s for your high beams. It will match and its usefull as day time running lights. If I had more cash I'd go H.I.D.s for low and high beams.
hids for high beams is a BAD idea. youwill burn out your ballast VERY quick. they are not meant to operate on to voltage levels such as our daytime running lights/high beam bulb.

·
Registered
842 Posts
hids for high beams is a BAD idea. youwill burn out your ballast VERY quick. they are not meant to operate on to voltage levels such as our daytime running lights/high beam bulb.
Such as? Please elaborate.... Voltage requirements too low or too high? I figured you'd flash them a few times... I wasnt expecting them to last as long as the low beams.

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
I was wondering the same thing and I just put Silverstar Ultras for my high beams with my 6000K kit and it is much better then the stock ones. They still look kinda yellow because of the blue from the HID's but it is actually alot whiter and brighter.

·
Registered
842 Posts
How often do you use your high beams? Its a waste of money, and plus it takes 3-5 seconds for them to fully get warm.

I hardly ever use my highs.
Daytime running lights are your high beams, at least on my car.
Can someone explain exactly what is the problem with having HID for high beams? If you use your day time running lights then you are using your high beams, just less power is going to them. Is that the problem... the switch from low to high power usage, from DRL to high beams?

·
Registered
460 Posts
Will those Nokya White bulbs reflect a blueish tone in the DRL enclosure when they are off? Also when the DRL's are on with these bulbs will they still be a dull yellowish....Considering there is a low voltage running to the DRL's. This is what I have heard atleast....

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
Daytime running lights are your high beams, at least on my car.
Can someone explain exactly what is the problem with having HID for high beams? If you use your day time running lights then you are using your high beams, just less power is going to them. Is that the problem... the switch from low to high power usage, from DRL to high beams?

What is the point? I dont think the DRL power will run the ballasts. Maybe at high beam power.
Unless you have D4R bulbs and ballasts, it willl take 4-5 secs for the bulbs to be fully lit.

If you want the color, get colored bulbs.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
yes, they will be blue when turned off. but they will be yellow for the drls. and blue for the highbeams. NO MATTER WHAT BULB YOU USE FOR YOU DRL, IT WILL BE YELLOW DUE TO THE LOW VOLTAGE!

·
Registered
842 Posts
What is the point? I dont think the DRL power will run the ballasts. Maybe at high beam power.
Unless you have D4R bulbs and ballasts, it willl take 4-5 secs for the bulbs to be fully lit.

If you want the color, get colored bulbs.

I want brighter day time running lights that put out more light and make me more visible to other drivers. (my car is Galaxy Grey, you know..they match the color of the ground, almost)
Why drive with my low beams on all day, I don't need my tail lights on as well.
You mentioned D4R bulbs and ballast, why would these and not others make it possible to run H.I.D.s as Day time running lights?
Thanks.

·
Registered
273 Posts
thats y you pull your drl fuse and dont use drl like me. then you dont have that problem. i had pnp hid 6k now and they light up the road as good or even beter than my high beams.

·
Banned
2,384 Posts
I want brighter day time running lights that put out more light and make me more visible to other drivers. (my car is Galaxy Grey, you know..they match the color of the ground, almost)
Why drive with my low beams on all day, I don't need my tail lights on as well.
You mentioned D4R bulbs and ballast, why would these and not others make it possible to run H.I.D.s as Day time running lights?
Thanks.
If you want brighter bulbs then put something else in.. There is a certain reason the DRL bulbs to be dim. Look at the bulb, it has a coating on it.

The OP said he was interested in HID highs. D2R bulbs take longer to fully light up. D4R or D4S dont have the delay as do D2R or D2S.

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you want brighter bulbs then put something else in.. There is a certain reason the DRL bulbs to be dim. Look at the bulb, it has a coating on it.
The OP said he was interested in HID highs. D2R bulbs take longer to fully light up. D4R or D4S dont have the delay as do D2R or D2S.
I've highlighted in bold what you said. You're not trying to imply that the coating on the high-beam lightbulb (which is yellowish in color) is there to dim the light are you?
Its there to reduce glare, similar to yellow fog lights, they gave the bulb a slight tint. I read this somewhere... maybe in the owners manual.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.