8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey do any of yall know if thats a good brand for amps? my boy said he can get me a brand new 1000w hifonics txi1008d amp for $180. is that a deal?

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
I'd spend a little more money for something nicer. You have great subs. Don't mess it up with a bad amp.

Check caraudio.com's classified forum for some good deals.

·
Registered
16,555 Posts
Dude, dont listen to them HIFONICS IS THE ****!

Ive used hifonics in the past. there stuff is awsome. Its just not manstreamed. Ask anyone at any soudoff competitions and they will tell you to get it, great deal on it.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Dude, dont listen to them HIFONICS IS THE ****!

Ive used hifonics in the past. there stuff is awsome. Its just not manstreamed. Ask anyone at any soudoff competitions and they will tell you to get it, great deal on it.
In the SPL world, they are mainstream. Hop on caraudio.com (more SPL oriented) and search for their amps. They're all over the place.

What's your budget? What kind of box are you using?... sealed or ported? If ported, tuned to what?

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
250 is the max ill go. the guy also told me that for 180 dollars ill also get a 1 yr warantee.

as for the box im not sure. im gonna get 1 w6 first and see if i want to get another one so ill probably start off with a cheap box. and i found someone who can get me a brand new 12"w6 for 289 which is not a bad deal from what i hear.

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
Well, decide for sure how many subs you're getting before you even bother getting an amp.

And, for God sakes, do not get a 'cheap box' for that sub. Seriously. You're getting a great sub. Putting it in crappy box isn't going to do you any good. Take the time to get the right box for that sub. The MOST important aspect is the box.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yea...the im gonna get a sealed box when im sure that ill get it. do u think the 2 w6s will rattle really badly in the civic?

·
Registered
8,292 Posts
the only hifonics that are good are the D-Class. i think like the brutis is a really good one.

But if you can spend a little more money and get a differnt brand.

I like fosgate, thats a personal preference

but try a JL amp too there good
or a kicker D-class

·
Registered
3,847 Posts
depends on power. But, more than likely they will.

Nothing some time with foam weather stripping and deadener can't fix.

You can probably safely give each sub 500w rms. So, if you get just one sub, my advice is to buy an Alpine pdx 1.600. Great amp. Great efficiency. Small footprint. Good price. If you go with 2 subs, get the pdx 1.1000. I have the JL 1000/1, but no way I'd buy that again when the Alpine will do the same power for cheaper with same efficiency.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts