8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I installed the volt 6k hid's i but I have a problem...

if i turn the lights on..or off or flash my high beams while my car is on the VSA E-brake and ABS lights turn on

...any idea's on how to resolve this?

- Any one?

·
Premium Member
8,347 Posts
same exact thing happened to my friend aaron. He had it re installed, mounted the ballast elsewhere, and then it was fine.

·
Premium Member
4,294,967,295 Posts
I would reinstall them,and if you are not using the plastic mounting piece that came with the ballast I would,I read it is not good to mount the ballast directly to the car. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Depending if the ballast itself is shock proof. Even if the brackets that came with it are metal, then direct contact with the metal of the car shouldn't do any harm. That's just my .02, but if you wanna play it safe definitely go with what obert is saying.

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
The airbag sensors have nothing to do with the VSA or ABS systems, or with the e-brake for that matter. I have two ballasts on each side of the car, close to the sensors, and no problems.
It's likely faulty wiring somewhere. It's also an aftermarket ballast, but I can neither confirm nor deny that they'd be causing any problems. Try connecting the ballast/bulb directly to the battery, then start your car. If there are no problems, then your wiring was faulty for some reason.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
I've mounted the many ballasts right next to the sensor on my friends cars, and maybe only 2 out of 10 have the same problem, the other 8 are fine. It could also be how the ballasts are designed, whether they are shock proof, etc. Did the same thing, remounted the ballasts and problem is gone.

Your best bet would be taking off the bumper, and mount it on the metal bar. Haven't heard any problems

·
Banned
544 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thanks for all the reply's guys

PROBLEM IS SOLVED

ballast was too close to my ABS system, I moved it about an inch and everything is good now :dancingcoolsmiley:

anyway good thread for others, ballast interfere with systems in close proximity!

·
Six eyes
5,010 Posts
My HID ballasts are mounted directly to the frame of the car and I have not had a single issue.
I've mounted the many ballasts right next to the sensor on my friends cars, and maybe only 2 out of 10 have the same problem, the other 8 are fine. It could also be how the ballasts are designed, whether they are shock proof, etc. Did the same thing, remounted the ballasts and problem is gone.

Your best bet would be taking off the bumper, and mount it on the metal bar. Haven't heard any problems
So just out of curiosity... question for you guys, especially for Clyde, were you guys mounting OEM or aftermarket ballasts? Theoretically this could be something to do with the ballast itself... e.g. maybe the OEM ones have grounded cases to prevent EMI leakage. Just a thought.

·
Registered
1 Posts
just mounted a set on a buddys 8th gen, same volt kit, same problem, will move the ballast, and get back with you....this is the 1st VOLT kit i Purchased, about the 6th or 7th kit from Steve at Xenon Depot.com so I am very pleased with his products and service, so i really have no concern about the product, only the placement of the ballasts.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.