8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got an HID kit a while back and attempted installing it, but didn't turn out well since the lights wouldn't turn back on.. then I had a few assignments come up and left the kit in the trunk lol. I just remembered that I still got it and decided to see if anyone could me.

I read quite a bit about how to get the HIDs installed and such, but most of the posts I've seen, the kits would have a harness thing that would plug right into the battery. Should all HID kits come with something to plug or attach onto the battery?

The kit that I have doesn't have one of those harnesses.. All it has are 2 ballasts, 2 HID bulbs, a few zip ties, and pretty much it.

I installed it as it came from the box and it didn't work. Then I tried switching polarities which still didn't work..

Oh yeah.. I'm on an '09 Civic Si sedan.

Any ideas anyone?

·
Registered
422 Posts
When I installed mine, I just did a plug and play. Didn't even remove the bumper I had a relay harness too with mine but I was too lazy to use it.

Make sure all the connections click, PM me if you need help.

·
Registered
186 Posts
you should have the ballast, the bulb, as well as the wiring harness to connect the ballast from the stock bulb coonector going to the HIDs..

try to trace your connections - HID wires to the original bulb connector, going to the ballast and then going to the HID bulbs...pretty much plug and play. any problems, pm me and i can definitely help you install it tonight!

·
Registered
1,367 Posts
Make sure your connections are completely plugged in..mine looked like they were but you need to press hard til u hear a click.

·
Live, Love, Learn...
55,919 Posts
When I bought my HID kit, it wasn't a plug and play. It came with the ballasts w/ their wires and the bulb. Stupid seller sent me BAD ballasts. My lights would turn on after a flew clicks on and off. I had to buy new ballasts.

·
https://goo.gl/h7GssA
20,089 Posts
Hey guys, I got an HID kit a while back and attempted installing it, but didn't turn out well since the lights wouldn't turn back on.. then I had a few assignments come up and left the kit in the trunk lol. I just remembered that I still got it and decided to see if anyone could me.

I read quite a bit about how to get the HIDs installed and such, but most of the posts I've seen, the kits would have a harness thing that would plug right into the battery. Should all HID kits come with something to plug or attach onto the battery?

The kit that I have doesn't have one of those harnesses.. All it has are 2 ballasts, 2 HID bulbs, a few zip ties, and pretty much it.

I installed it as it came from the box and it didn't work. Then I tried switching polarities which still didn't work..

Oh yeah.. I'm on an '09 Civic Si sedan.

Any ideas anyone?
swing by my place and i can fix you up... say sometime this weekend?

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ahh shoot.. i wish i checked in sooner rather than later... got caught up with work last week, went out all day on saturday and slept in on sunday = =

nice.. haha found a nice pic off a site, of what i had from my kit
http://www.newcelica.org/other/installs/xenondepothid/instructions.jpg

what i don't have is the cable shown at the far right, which connects to the car's battery. i'm guessing it isn't required since some users don't use them at all =0

When I installed mine, I just did a plug and play. Didn't even remove the bumper I had a relay harness too with mine but I was too lazy to use it.

i made sure the connections were snug (they all clicked)

ummmmm flip the connection point on the ballast and stock harness.
is that the polarity change? if it is, i've done that as well.. it didn't work either =(

you might have fried your ballast....
is there any way i could find out if it's definitely fired? it was brand new, i only installed it a few times to see if it worked or not. i tried both and none of them worked =/

though.. i wish i had a garage. first time working on the car. i had to turn the wheels and pull out that rubber piece that sits above the tire and reach in to get the light and cables in. the rubber piece teared a bit from my frustration hahah

·
https://goo.gl/h7GssA
20,089 Posts
again please try to come over to my place and i will look into it for you

1 - 17 of 17 Posts