8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got my HIDs in but it seems like 1 flickers almost once about every 10 minutes, even if im just sitting still it will flicker...

any ideas?

·
Registered
3,265 Posts
Make sure all of your connections are good. I put a little lithium grease in all my connections and i have no flickering. I didn't use any relay harness either. If that doesn't help maybe you have a bad bulb or ballast.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
I had HID's and they did the exact same thing when I put them in. After about 6 months one of headlights seemed brighter then the other, I returned them for warranty and low and behold one of the ballasts was shot. They told me the flicker was normal as long as the flicker doesn't cause the light to come on and off by itself, but I have a feeling the flicker was caused by the shitty ballast's. After I got them back from warranty I sold them. IMO I can't be bothered with crappy products. I went and got me some PIAA 4000K halogen replacement bulbs, they're not as bright but they're deffinitely a quality product from my past experience.

·
Registered
7 Posts
What kind of HID system are you using? If its aftermarket PnP, the flickering is most likely going to happen. I had a set that flickered but very slightly and not nearly quite as often as yours, every ten minutes seems like a lot; mine flickered maybe once per night, and those nights were probably a week or so apart. There are some Dodge guys that are using capacitors for their PnPs, but I don't have any experience with that so I can't tell you if it works or not. You'll most likely just have to deal with the flickering of your aftermarket HIDs, if that is the case.

·
Registered
12,582 Posts
I'm having the same problem... a buddy of mine told me to change out the fuse to a higher one? anyone think that would work?
if you change the fuse, then instead of the fuse poping up when there is more than 10 amps overloading your wirings, they will not be protected anymore thus there will be alot of stress on the wires. Such stress will result in the melting of such said wires all the way to the dash. Replacement won't be cheap if that happens

·
Registered
17 Posts
hey everyone...i was just searching yalls forum and i had a question along these lines. I have a acura tsx which has stock hid bulbs and ballast. i changed by stock bulbs to aftermarket 6000k bulbs. my left bulb flickers everynow and then and actually turned itself off once(when i switched my lights off and on it came back on). so my question is, is there something wrong with my stock ballast like mentioned above or the bulb?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.