8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
does anybody know where i can find HID'd for 08 fa5 and a 97 toyota 4runner?

·
Registered
967 Posts
i got mine from vvme.com for 60 bucs and got them in 4 days. they're gonna probably be cheapest place and i haven't had any problems with them. and for the 4 runner if you know what type of bulb they use you can get them from there too.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got mine from vvme.com for 60 bucs and got them in 4 days. they're gonna probably be cheapest place and i haven't had any problems with them. and for the 4 runner if you know what type of bulb they use you can get them from there too.
the size of the bulb for the 4runner is 9006...

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
checked out the website, what's the difference between single beam and duel beam?

·
Registered
967 Posts
the single beam is what our car has because we have two different bulbs for high and low beam. the dual beam or bi-xeon is if a single bulb is used for both high and low beam.

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
the single beam is what our car has because we have two different bulbs for high and low beam. the dual beam or bi-xeon is if a single bulb is used for both high and low beam.
thankyou for clearing that up...
what color or size do you have, i brightness i mean... do you know which ones are legal and illegal?:thumb:

·
Registered
590 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
do you have any night shots of your lights on, that i can see?

·
Registered
3,036 Posts

short of a projector retrofit, please, don't get HIDs.

seriously, why do people insist on using PnP in reflective housings? you're doing 2 things:

1) blinding other drivers.

2) decreasing the amount of light that's actually cast in a useful direction.

·
Registered
967 Posts
i have 9006(low beams) and 6000K i wouldn't recommend going any higher than that. i actually don't have any shots but if go to the HID and lighting threads there are plenty of shots.

short of a projector retrofit, please, don't get HIDs.

seriously, why do people insist on using PnP in reflective housings? you're doing 2 things:

1) blinding other drivers.

2) decreasing the amount of light that's actually cast in a useful direction.
as long you dont take the whole housing off and put the bulb in straight our reflectors are pretty good with not blinding people (at least from my experience so far). In an ideal world projectors definitely give the optimal performance for HIDs but retros can cost a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts