SpEEd64 said:The install of my Kaixen 6000K HID kit took less than 30 minutes to do. No need to drill, no need to cut wires, no need to take off the front bumper, or take off any wheels. It was very quick and easy.
Here's a run-through of how I installed it:
1) Jack up the car high enough so that there is enough room to take the clips off the fenderwall lining and push it back.
2) Remove the stock bulb.
3) Insert the HID bulb.
4) Connect all the wiring. (Note: With the Kaixen HID kit there is no cutting of wires, no wires that connect to the battery, ot any wires that ground it. It is a completely plug and play kit which makes the install very easy).
5) Mount the ballasts underneath the front fenders using industrial strength velcro for ease of removing it later if you wish too. And trust me, this stuff is very strong so there really is no chance of it falling off.
6) Zip tie some of the wires together to make it look more organized.
7) Put the clips back for the fenderwall lining and lower the car. You are done.
8) Turn on your HID's and admire how they look.
Plus, the Kaixen kits can be had for $300 shipped or less, so they are a great deal. They are high quality and come with a 1 year warranty, I definitely recommend them!
I hope this helps someone interested in HIDs for their civic.
With HID kits, they are pretty much universal but they can be and will still fit on your vehicle as long as you get the matching size bulbs. The HID kit plugs into the factory wiring. Then a relay is connected with another wire that goes straight to the battery. When you turn the headlights on, the relay is in a sense triggered to grab the power from the battery since more current is needed then the factory wire can supply, so its enough to power the ballasts.06CivEXJon said:So just 4300 k? I went on xenon depot and they have alot on there but, its confusing and it doesnt say for what car or model its for they just list alot of HID's and part numbers. How are sylvania silverstars compared to HIDs? because our cars have halogens correct? HID's will be much more times brighter then silverstars? or?