8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello ladies and gentlem,

I had factory headlights a long time ago, they were yellowish although I used a couple of Headlights restoration kits, they would get hazy at some point. So I decided to replace myself some aftermarket headlights which on my opinion are pretty sick. Check them out.

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Tire Wheel Car Automotive lighting Hood

these are Spyder Headlights.
I used to run LED on the factory headlights, but these ones has a unusual wire system and really tight space make almost impossible place LED as I used to.
I’ve been trying differents halogens but any gets as white as LED so now I am thinking on some HID.
I would like differents opinion about what should I use, LED w/o fan bulbs (which I found on Amazon) or HID bulbs having in mind that is a freaking pain trying to alternate the wire system on these headlights.
Thank you guys!!!!

White Light Black Automotive design Musical instrument accessory

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Love the look of them! How did you hook up your halos?
e
Thank you.

I t-tap the halos with the marker lights so, everytime you turn them on the Halos will too; and I ground with one of the bolts that hold the headlights. All this with some connectors purchased on Autozone.

·
Registered
8 Posts
my factory phillips HIDs are still ok after 16 years so in the event they go kaput, i'm toying w/ the idea of replacing them w/ leds. but are the differences between those 2 types of lighting equipment really that big a deal performance wise?

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my factory phillips HIDs are still ok after 16 years so in the event they go kaput, i'm toying w/ the idea of replacing them w/ leds. but are the differences between those 2 types of lighting equipment really that big a deal performance wise?
I think the difference would be practicability, LED does not needs ballast and a lot of wire, as long as you stay with factory-style headlights. Talking about performance it really depends on the quality of the bulbs that you get; I used to had Beamtech on the factory headlights, they are about $30-40 and they were fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts