8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
A retro is a custom fited OEM Projector into your stock headlight, for example.

here is my car with TSX Projectors retrofited into the stock headlight!(this headlights where done by caveman)

Something like this can run you on average, about $900 dollars if you use your stock headlights and this is just for a basic retrofit!

In my opinion is a well spend money, if in the future you need the money back they will sell on here fast am sure of that, since they improve the light ouput by alot, way more than a regular HID kit or those ebay lights.

any other questions let me know.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
Thanks, I didn't want to write anything. :D

That's mine. It's the stock headlight with TSX projectors and MDX shrouds. You can read up more about them by going to Customlightz.com

EDIT: I don't know why, but Pride's FG2 is HOT! GGM for the MFW!

·
Registered
5,705 Posts
They're OOOOOOOOOOOOLD. I guess you can say that this is a good view on how they hold up after 1 year of driving with them on. :thumb:
Nice, and BTW my car is a FG1, am about to slap my R18A1 sticker on the front windshield. i have 2 stickers right now and don't know where to put them, one is i love my FG with the car on the outside of the words and the other is the R18A1 with the car on the outside of the word, and i got a bonus shocker sticker on the oder for free, am not sure to stick that one or not :laughing:.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i really like the retros, but they are just toooo expensive for me. i put those hid projectors on my 07 nhb coupe si and they look nice. not a perfect fit but wat aftermarket part is.

·
Registered
7,229 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
i feel bad now, are those hid projectors and the black housing altezza tail lights on a 07 nhbp coupe si rice?

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
i feel bad now, are those hid projectors and the black housing altezza tail lights on a 07 nhbp coupe si rice?
Well, if you like the way they look, get them. I'm more into functionality than looks, honestly. That's why I went retro. They will correctly use the high output that HID puts out, and make use of it. Stuff like the eBay projectors don't get tested for that kind of thing, they design it to look "good" and then release it.

Retros are expensive, I admit. However, retros also work. Honestly though, you can probably cut down the price of a retro another 100 or so. E46 projectors aren't that expensive...though they really aren't quite as good as TSX.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts