8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a quick question I have a 2007 civic Si coupe going to upgrade my headlights but not sure what kit i should get either HID kit or Xenon kit. And is there a difference between the two and which is better and i also have my headlights tinted. Would appreciate any feedback.

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
same thing just don get bi-xenon that would be bad. I have also heard that with the headlights tinted, the light output isnt vey high so be careful.

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
same thing just don get bi-xenon that would be bad. I have also heard that with the headlights tinted, the light output isnt vey high so be careful.
With our headlights, regardless if it isn't tinted or leaving it stock, there won't be as much output as with a true HID setup. And by true HID setup, I mean HID components + a true HID reflective or projective setup. Our housing is for halogens and halogens does not mean HID's.

·
Registered
1,305 Posts
With our headlights, regardless if it isn't tinted or leaving it stock, there won't be as much output as with a true HID setup. And by true HID setup, I mean HID components + a true HID reflective or projective setup. Our housing is for halogens and halogens does not mean HID's.
Is there a place you buy that all in one package? Is that what a "retrofit" is.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
a retrofit is shoving another car's projectors into our headlight housing (TSX projectors are popular)

projectors use a convex lense rather than a chrome reflective housing to disperse light created by a bulb.... projectors produce a crisp light cutoff line which is desirable

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
a retrofit is shoving another car's projectors into our headlight housing (TSX projectors are popular)

projectors use a convex lense rather than a chrome reflective housing to disperse light created by a bulb.... projectors produce a crisp light cutoff line which is desirable
We don't do it for the cutoff. Even HID reflectors have a cutoff. We do it because we won't be blinding oncoming traffic with our setups.

·
Registered
64 Posts
We don't do it for the cutoff. Even HID reflectors have a cutoff. We do it because we won't be blinding oncoming traffic with our setups.
actually... we do retrofits because..
1. we dont like to blind people.
2. retrofits are muchh brigther
3. retrofits are MUCHH wider in beam pattern
4. yes.. the cutoff reason is here too =)
5. stock reflector housing is for stock or like-stock bulbs.. if your going to throw a high intensity discharge bulb in a reflector that isnt made for it.. its just not going to shoot out that great.

·
Registered
64 Posts
talk to customlights. not sure if i spelled it right.
also. talk to hidplanet.com. the members on there usually do jobs for people and trustttt me... once you have a retrofit.. having anything else just wont look right :biggrin::thumb:

·
Registered
12,552 Posts
talk to customlights. not sure if i spelled it right.
also. talk to hidplanet.com. the members on there usually do jobs for people and trustttt me... once you have a retrofit.. having anything else just wont look right :biggrin::thumb:
I've seen you post and sell over there on hidplanet

1 - 11 of 11 Posts