8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well the mazda 34 gets this option. i hope the civic does as well. past 3 cars ive havd...had hid lights. if i have to i'll buy the kit. does anyone have a comment.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Not this generation Civic, or not this generation Civic in North America...

I bet the 9th will have them...

You have a few options, just replacing the bulbs will blind people and isnt the best option IMO. Second, you can retro-fit some projectors into the stock headlight housings, this can be some work. Third, you can order the OEM headlights/HID that they are putting in the 8th gen. Civic's oversea's. I would reccomend the third option, it will probably be the most costly though...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
im aware of all that. but ive heard the new reflector type lenses now have a the "cut off line like the projectors.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i dont do ricey stuff like nopi etc. i just do jdm honda converstions.

·
Registered
141 Posts
:withjdm8thgen

I like things to look like they could have come OEM that way, so the only option for me would be to buy the OEM kit from another country...

From some of the pictures I've seen, we might be SOL. Looks like their headlights are different...

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
Registered
321 Posts
jdm8thgen said:
Be prepared for a bumper and trunk swap then. If you're lucky, you might be able to get some parts for the EL/CSX from Canada which COULD look just like the JDM counterparts.

If it's the coupe, no such thing as a JDM conversion. Unless you turn it into a sedan. :D

·
Registered
436 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Scourge said:
Be prepared for a bumper and trunk swap then. If you're lucky, you might be able to get some parts for the EL/CSX from Canada which COULD look just like the JDM counterparts.

If it's the coupe, no such thing as a JDM conversion. Unless you turn it into a sedan. :D
im not getting a 4dr. and as most no there is never a jdm coupe. im talking about lil things jdm/euro civics might share that could be changed. if there's nothing then i wont do ANYTHING. leave it stock on outside with the fpp

·
Registered
59 Posts
My HID kit will be here tomorrow, I'll let ya'll know how it works... I ordered mine from Xenon King. 314.99 shipped. Phillips quality kit.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Travis said:
My HID kit will be here tomorrow, I'll let ya'll know how it works... I ordered mine from Xenon King. 314.99 shipped. Phillips quality kit.
be prepared to show the nice officer proof that your bulbs are the same wattage when you get pulled over for headlights that are too bright

·
Registered
95 Posts
iwu said:
be prepared to show the nice officer proof that your bulbs are the same wattage when you get pulled over for headlights that are too bright
Wattage has nothing to do with getting ticket for aftermarket HID KIT.
Matter a fact, hid bulbs are only 35watts.

All of Aftermarket HID kit is illegal in United States.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Do you think that police keep up with what kind of car comes with HIDs? The new civic looks like a car that came with HIDs anyway. I have had my kit on for the past week and past up a many of cops and never got pulled over. I have yet to get "flashed" by anyone. As a matter of fact, the headlight housing and the way the HIDs aim are almost exactly the same as an 05 acura TL that comes with HID. I don't see HIDs being a problem.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
jdm8thgen said:
You're talking about hid lights...how is that "ricey"? I know plenty of people who've done retrofits, including myself...nothing ricey about it.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts