8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Crooks & Castles
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a noob when it comes to lights and HIDs. But the lights below claim to be just plug in play and a relay harness and all of that stuff is not needed at all?? Would these be the same as the replacement lights they sell on places such as walmart??

eBay Motors: 9006 HID Xenon Light Bulbs Honda Civic Odyssey 07 08 09 (item 370152701597 end time Feb-09-09 19:30:23 PST)

Can someone explain in further detail of a cheaper, but still functional and less power consuming alternative to the stock lights. Cus at night, they aren't really bright at all.

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Acutally those are not HID's. They are bulbs that are supposed to look like HID's. Most plug and play kits will have 2 HID bulbs, 2 HID ballasts, and some type of wiring harness. Most say that you don't need a HID relay harness for a 53 Watt PNP HID kit but it is better to have that extra bit of insurance.

·
Premium Member
14,538 Posts
Read this thead. It will help with understanding HID's better

http://www.8thcivic.com/forums/lighting-h-i-d-s-neon/20963-hid-lighting-tutorial.html

You can get PNP HID kits for as low as $50 plus shipping and some kits like PIAA can go as high as $500-$700 or so. I only spent about $89+$30 for the HID relay harness. If you do get one stay within the 4300K range on the bulb. I got 8000K and now wish I had gotten around 5000K. Remember though that you get what you pay for.

·
Crooks & Castles
1,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yea, i've skimmed through that before, but okay then. I'm just looking something better than stock?? How about a direct bulb replacement? Maybe not as far as HIDs yet?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts