8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
CameronJr9 said:
I'm pretty new to HIDs. How tough was this install? Cost? Thanks.
A decent kit runs around $350. It's a necessity around these parts. It's really easy to do. Just don't do those stupid "HID-look bulbs". Waste of money.

Looks good. Closer pics man. Did you install projectors too or just the bulbs and ballasts? I'm assuming you're running 4300K?

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
9006 (HB4) bulbs, XenonDepot 4300k - 405 shipped (2nd day)

install took an hour or less... very easy to do.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
also, these are the stock headlamp housings. I might do a retrofit tsx headlamp or get eyelids for the stock lamps to reduce the output of light aiming upwards.

The actual bulb is angled as far down as possible to avoid pissing other drivers off.

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
unplugged said:
also, these are the stock headlamp housings. I might do a retrofit tsx headlamp or get eyelids for the stock lamps to reduce the output of light aiming upwards.

The actual bulb is angled as far down as possible to avoid pissing other drivers off.
May as well retrofit audi or s2k projectors and manually aim them as opposed to the eyelids...I guess it's a matter of personal preference, but I've never been much a fan of eyelids. A retrofit would look clean though. That'll probably be my first mod.

·
Registered
26 Posts
skittleslegend said:
May as well retrofit audi or s2k projectors and manually aim them as opposed to the eyelids...I guess it's a matter of personal preference, but I've never been much a fan of eyelids. A retrofit would look clean though. That'll probably be my first mod.
Hey! I'm new to the whole modifying car world... so what’s a retrofit?

·
Banned
7,824 Posts
Honda said:
Hey! I'm new to the whole modifying car world... so what’s a retrofit?
putting light beam projectors from BMW/Audi/Honda S2K headlights into the headlamps of a different car. It gives the bulb focus in a headlight not designed for focusing High Intensity Discharge bulbs. Without a projector or the right diameter/shape reflector, you aren't getting the best performance (i.e. thrown and dispersion) as with a projector, regardless of what other people may want you to believe. You don't have to have them but they do help a lot and make it easier to aim the beam. Anybody feel free to add anything I forgot.

This is one of the cleanest installs I've ever seen. http://www.imagestation.com/album/pictures.html?id=2127242463&mode=guest

He's doing a restoration of the Legend. The pics start on page 4. They are also on this page followed by the instructions: http://acura-legend.com/vbulletin/s...page=2&pp=15&highlight=DIY+retrofit+projector

Enjoy! :)

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
supz said:
Does the new 8th gen civic have seperate hi/lo beams, or is it dual filament again like the 7th gen?

looks like TWO.. and almost ALWAYS, if there is a 9006(low beam), there is 9005.(high beaM)

if you look closely.. there are HID kits for MUCH less than $400...

i got mine for $230 shipped and it didn't just blow up in my face and comes with a lifetime warranty. I got rid of it to sell my old car but i'll be getting one with the CIVIC

·
Registered
332 Posts
I thought I heard somewhere that they weren't allowed to sell retrofit HID kits anymore as they're now illegal? Of course HID's are legal, but I thought I heard only if they're factory installed. FWIW, I live in PA.

It it's on the up and up, it'll be a guarenteed mod for me. HID's are amazing!

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I woudln't be surprised to find out if it is illegal...stupid idiots fit HIDs EvEYWHERE.. even Fog lights which is DESIGNED to disperse light and blind the helll out of people and AIM the lights too high... OR buy rediculous 12k rated Kits... which defeats the purpose of having HID's

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,

I would like to introduce our company as a wholesaler/retailer of McCulloch High Intensity Discharge lights (HID) and Philips HID Kits. *The McCulloch and Philips name is widely recognized throughout the world for its premier production of power tools as well as High Intensity Discharge kits.

Our company has extensive experience in all elements of the lighting industry business. There are several advantages of our group over other companies. Besides dealing with the best-known company in the world we also maintain: size, skill set, responsiveness, resources, consultative-approach, understanding the needs of our clients. Our ‘partnering’ with McCulloch and Philips creates a positive team-based approach to our business and our customers.

There are several hallmarks that shape our approach. We believe strongly in personal attention and frequent communication with our customers. Clients are kept informed and counseled at each step of the purchase and there forth any questions after that. We bring to our clients a broad spectrum of professional expertise and business knowledge. As a result, we can offer clients our products and services and the capacity to handle any problems if they arise.

If anyone has any questions, do not hesitate to contact me and I will be more than happy to respond.

ALL OF OUR KITS COME WITH FREE SHIPPING AND A ONE YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL PRODUCTS

McCulloch
5000k= $270
6000k= $285
8000k= $300
10000k= $320
12000K= $330

Philips
4300k= $360
6000k=$415

McCulloch Motorcycle Kits:
5000K= $162