8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since im bored, and my HID kit should be here this morning, im going to do a write up of how to install this kit... so stay tuned...

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well here they are... the pass side was a ***** to install because of the ABS unit... i had to unscrew lots of **** to get to the ****ing bulb... The driver side on the other hand took a whole 3 min...

;) :eek: :cool: :)

·
Registered
31 Posts
nice, the first thing i wanted to do my coupe is put some HID's on it.
what kit is it, how much did it cost you, what Kelvin is the output, and finally what did you remove to install the passanger side light? Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Looks good. That cutoff is impressive. Those look like 5000K. Which HID kit did you get and where did you mount the ballasts & ignitors (if the ignitors were separate)? Also did you use a heavy-duty wiring harness w/relays? I have a 9006 heavy-duty harness from autolamps.com in my '92 Legend w/6000K HIDs because I was told that the initial power surge to the ballasts was in excess of 200 watts and would fry the stock headlight harness over time.

Post up some install pics if you got 'em.:D

·
Registered
540 Posts
fake ass HID. . . get some REAL HID Projectors .. RETROFIT that ****, THEN you'll have HID..

as of now.. your blinding oncoming traffic like a fat kid loves cake. . .

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
umm... it's real HID... you dont' have to retrofit projectors to have "REAL" HID's

Acura TL doesn't have projectors...does it mean their HID is FAKE?

yeah it might spread little bit more light but the low beam is still aimed low towards the ground.

ones with the DUAL filaments like 9004/9007/h4's are ones that create the most glare cuz in those bulbs there are reflector/shade built in to the builb as oppose to the HID bulb there isn't so thats why they create glare like no other

·
Registered
249 Posts
FYI - TLs comes with projectors :)

There is some light flaring but it's not too bad. Can you take a wall shot without anything in the way (those cans and bottles)...maybe ur garage door and about 10ft away? I just want to see how bad the glare is. Those light flares are visible even with regular halogen bulbs..
My friend has a kit in his 04 accord coupe and the glares is not bad, it's not blinding to oncoming traffic..
I am planning to go with HID (did a retro on my old car but it was too much work), but I want to see how bad the glare is first, that's the only thing that is stopping me from installing one.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
HardBoiler said:
FYI - TLs comes with projectors :)

There is some light flaring but it's not too bad. Can you take a wall shot without anything in the way (those cans and bottles)...maybe ur garage door and about 10ft away? I just want to see how bad the glare is. Those light flares are visible even with regular halogen bulbs..
My friend has a kit in his 04 accord coupe and the glares is not bad, it's not blinding to oncoming traffic..
I am planning to go with HID (did a retro on my old car but it was too much work), but I want to see how bad the glare is first, that's the only thing that is stopping me from installing one.

sorry...shoulda mentioned it is the previous version

and as far as i know, BMW 5series(older) also has reflector HID lights

what else...LEXUS GS(older), Cadillac Escalade, and all...

·
Registered
540 Posts
CivicWithNav said:
sorry...shoulda mentioned it is the previous version

and as far as i know, BMW 5series(older) also has reflector HID lights

what else...LEXUS GS(older), Cadillac Escalade, and all...

the previous version TL wasn't true HID... TRUE HID uses the D2S bulb... the previous gen TL that didn't use a projector uses (the same bulb the 350z uses) a D2R bulb, it's HID but not as bright/sharp/crisp/clear as DS2 bulbs used in conjuction with HID projectors .. .

from what i've gathered... the Lexus LS430 has the best projector out there. ..

but honestly, throwing new bulbs in with out a projector.. and callin it an HID kit.. thats weak sauce man, sorry . .but i believe in a NICE/CLEAN/CRISP/CLEAR cut off line.. none of that blurry **** like this guy has . . .

·
Registered
573 Posts
Wrong, Hid = High Intensity Discharge correct? When you install the new bulbs, ballast, ignitor your lights have a higher discharge don't they? It's probly b/c you just put in a new lighting system called HID's..

Projectors however are the prefered way to do HID's for people that really want to do it right and spend tons of money.

I did my set for looks not performance cut off line ect so the bright white look was what i was going for, HID's helped me get there.

A little look at the lighting totem pole..

1) Projector Retrofit
2) Hid Conversion
3) Hid Look Bulbs
4) Stock Halogens

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
reflector REFLECTS light. it can not have a perfect cut off line

and D2R is just another type of HID bulb with a little Shade(black covering) under neath so it works well in the reflector housing

D2S is clear and what is being used more often today. it is preferred in the projectors because projector housing require all the light, it reflects off of the back(where the cut off line is made) and then goes through the oval lens then out.

you can't say D2R/Reflector housing HID combination isn't a real HID.... go study some more then come back.

AND the projector beams used by the auto manufacturer has these RINGS around it so it gives off that "BMW" look where it changes color and better dispersement of the light

AS OPPOSE TO, ones ricers use, just plain projectors they buy from cheap place on ebay, is CHEAP, do not have the bestest light output nor the light cut off like you want.

Where the cut off is made

Stock US market Projection light (without HID's)

my old car with "HID" projection lens)

1 - 20 of 21 Posts