8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
headlight retrofit is s2000 ap1 projectors with s2000 shrouds with housing painted rallye red/chrome with projectors extensin shrouds and s2000 shrouds rallye red with the bezel black and chrome,85122+ 4300k phillips bulbs and some denso d2s ballast.

fog light retrofit done by caveman is lexus es300 yellow lense with klight pnp h3 3000k kit.

I got my headlight back from customlightz 2 days ago. I was really happy with the result, they look really good. I agree with everyone else who said that retrofit is a really nice mod to do. I must say that driving with hid retrofit projectors is dangerous when you're not use to it:biggrin: you must wonder why?? I wast just cruising around and coudn't get my eyes off the z line cutoff,
even if i was trying not to focus on the z line cutoff I coudn't help myself. It's just too nice.

I like my hid fog retrofit who was done by caveman but I was i little disapointed with the ouput of the fogs . I thougt it would be more bright but im sure I'll like it in foggy or snowy day.

Here's some picture of my cars with the retrofits headlight and fogs:

Fog light cutoff:

low beams cutoff:

low beams with fog cutoff:

low beam+fog+hir hig beam cutoff:

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thank you but all the credits go to customlightz for the headlight and caveman for the fog retrofit:biggrin:

·
Purpul Plane 4ever!
40,686 Posts
Nice setup. I have the same fog retro. Maybe swaping the yellow lenses with the newer IS300 fogs mught gove a better output since the lenses are clear yellow. But they are expensive.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
oh well I will stick with these because I don't think it would be worth the expense. did anyone compared is300 versus es300? was there a big difference?

·
Registered
275 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
thank you for the compliments. I didn't knew if I was gonna like it at first when bjorn show my headlight half painted.

He didn't paint the shroud extension and the s2000 shrouds. I didn't know what to do, have the shroud extension black and the s2000 shrouds black? but I opted to get the shrouds extension rallye red and the s2000 shrouds black but leaving the interior chrome.

When I saw the finish results I like it a lot, off course it doesn't look oem but it sure does look differents from the other retro's i've seen. I am not saying the other retro's doesn't look good but for my car I think it's a nice color combo.

·
Premium Member
1,294 Posts
can you take a night photo of the car about 100 feet away with and without fogs on and the headlights on both.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow! That I love the S2k housing. I'm interested in retrofit projectors and wanted to keep the stock housing look. This has given me a nice idea. Thanks for the post!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts