8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen it both ways on different website.

When the bulb is installed should the return filament on the outside of the bulb be on top or bottom.

I currently have it on the bottom but I'm starting to think they should have been on the top

Anyone?!?!?!

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
yea...thas just a cheesy installation manual...but actually when you go to put the bulb in, it only fits one way or else the tabs on the side of the base wont fit correctly. and if you put it in right, it will be on the bottom.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Maybe it depends on the aftermarket bulb? All D2s go on the bottom. At least that I have seen. There is always the notch in the projector for it to go on the bottom.

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What do you mean a notch at the bottom? My bulbs are straight at the connectors. It appears they could go in any position. But if the wire was on the top you'd probably see a shadow on the bottom of the project light. Since it flips when it hits the reflector...

·
Registered
302 Posts
On OEM projectors, there is a notch at the bottom where you insert the bulb on the projector.

You are putting them into the stock reflectors? I'd still say bottom but switch it and see what the effect is.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
lol...for the last time...you cannot flip it. the bulb only fits in one way. the plastic tabs at eh base only allow it to fit in one way...you CANNOT put it in upside down...if somehow you do manage to get it in tehre...it will not seat correctly in the bulb socket.

the filiment will be on the bottom if it is installed correctly.
/end thread

·
Registered
302 Posts
On some aftermarket bulbs that I have owned, you can put them in upside down. I had a H7 kit for my bike that you could put it in either way. And yes they would seat correctly.

·
Premium Member
2,052 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
achapman said:
On some aftermarket bulbs that I have owned, you can put them in upside down. I had a H7 kit for my bike that you could put it in either way. And yes they would seat correctly.
Yeah, when installing mine it seemed as if they could be installed either way. I have to take them out anyways to clean them with alcohol since I accidentally touched the one bulb with my bare finger.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts