8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok..so this morning, my Hid's were working fine..and right and 1hr ago..on my way to lunch..i turn on my lights and my left bulb didnt turn on..i check the fuse and its not burned out...so what can be the problem...

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hmmm.... did u try removing the bulb from the hid that works and putting it on the one that doesnt?
No..didnt have time to do it...its so complicated just to that for 8th gen cars..but ill probably do it when i get out of work..i bought some bulbs.which cost me 41 bucks!!!! im going to return them...

i email the guy i bought them from....i have 1yr warranty..he should cover me right?

·
Registered
280 Posts
I have a buddy with one of the cheap HID kits in his accord and he constantly has problems with the plug not staying in the balast on one of his lights. He will hit a bump and it goes out, or sometimes won't turn on. You could check that.

·
Registered
972 Posts
i had an issue with a bad ballast once....they honored my warranty and i never had a problem again...first troubleshoot though...it could be something dumb like a loose wire

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I just found out that the HID seller on ebay..is no longer there FAIL

i guess this is a sign from my car telling me to get retro fits...or a good hid kit..not a cheapo..

man i have to run on halogens now =[

·
Registered
280 Posts

i guess this is a sign from my car telling me to get retro fits...or a good hid kit..not a cheapo..

oooooo bad luck! pooooo halogens poooooo. LOL. I got the PIAA HIDs and I love em.

·
Registered
11 Posts
it could just be the bulb. Try swapping bulbs left and right. See if the failure follows the bulb or stays with the ballasts. Good Luck

·
Registered
1 Posts

yes, you right! if installing HID, you should get the good one! Best wishes!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts