·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
577 Posts
hmmm it also has hfp wheels as well...

The first car I got was stick and I didn't know how to drive it.... had it down by the end of the night. The Si is pretty easy to drive so I doubt it would give you much trouble if you have someone willing to teach you.

I think a lot of it depends on what you plan on doing with the car. Most of the mods on your last ex appeared to be mostly visual.

The price isn't too bad really...

·
Registered
51 Posts
Si = lots of tuning ability, very sporty, I think about 2-3K$ more
EX = (I have an EX myself, coupe/5-speed)not much tuning ability, kinda sporty, awesome gas mileage....I would have bought an Si but that little bit of extra cost was just out of my price range, but I am still very happy with my EX.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yeah I dont want to do anything to the engine just visually. And since this ex pretty much has it all. I just have to transfer my alpine unit and subs to the new car and tint the windows. I already know the basics on how to drive stick but i really havent drove a car past 10 mph. I learned a little back when my brother had a 2007 blue si. I always had to move it to take my car out since he always parked behind me.

·
Registered
577 Posts
Well if performance isn't something you're after then that ex is a pretty good deal for you. The HFP lip kit is imo the best lip kit for the coupe so you'll already have a jump on the visual. If you swap out the wheels, I'm sure you could very easily sell those to another member here.

·
Registered
513 Posts
I think 17k for an EX with 30k miles is pretty steep. That's an average price for a used Si with similar miles, and there are a few cheaper Si's around here with roughly the same mileage. See what you can talk them down to and come back. Maybe they just have a high asking price so it looks like you got a steal.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
yah for the extra $2000 i think the si is well worth it. i had a lx and was never happy with it until i traded it in for the si. it's more fun to drive, appearance wise i think it looks better. but in the end it's your call.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I'd take an EX with leather and Nav over an SI any day. While the SI is a little bit quicker I wouldn't consider either one to be a fast car.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
^si's a bit quicker? let me guess you don't drive one...you get a over priced navi cheap feeling leather seats vs bigger engine, spoiler, sports seats, sports suspension..plus when you go to seel you'll get more for it, so it's not really lost money.

·
Registered
230 Posts
^si's a bit quicker? let me guess you don't drive one...you get a over priced navi cheap feeling leather seats vs bigger engine, spoiler, sports seats, sports suspension..plus when you go to seel you'll get more for it, so it's not really lost money.
..and let me guess, you own an SI and feel you have to justify the extra money you spent on all of your "sports" crap. A non functional spoiler, stiff seats, stiff suspension, and some stickers...

I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of an SI, and it only feels marginally quicker than an EX. To me a Civic is just a commuter car and I'd much rather have it be a little more comfortable than a little quicker and have a stiffer ride.

Don't get me wrong though, I do like the SI, but for what my family uses a Civic for the EX is a better choice. Although if Acura sold the CSX type-s here I probably would have bought one of those instead and got the best of both worlds.

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
..and let me guess, you own an SI and feel you have to justify the extra money you spent on all of your "sports" crap. A non functional spoiler, stiff seats, stiff suspension, and some stickers...

I've spent a lot of time behind the wheel of an SI, and it only feels marginally quicker than an EX. To me a Civic is just a commuter car and I'd much rather have it be a little more comfortable than a little quicker and have a stiffer ride.

Don't get me wrong though, I do like the SI, but for what my family uses a Civic for the EX is a better choice. Although if Acura sold the CSX type-s here I probably would have bought one of those instead and got the best of both worlds.
I've actually owned both as stated earlier, and to me the extra $2000 for the functional spoiler, better handling, much faster car and better seats it's a no brainer for those who can afford it. you seem more of the family type so it might fit your life style and i guess to the op it just comes down to what do you plan on doing with the car? is it your fun around town car, or is it your long distance car?

·
Registered
6,449 Posts
PrEgO CaNe and MisterFubar = FAILZ
how so? the op asked for opinions and he's getting them. you coming into a thread and posting that useless comment is a waste of space on this site and frankly a waste of time for everyone having to read it. :wavey:

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
I had a ex for awhile, but after a few years that wasnt enough and upgraded to an si. :woowoo: if you are gonna do preformance mods i'd say go with the si off the bat cuz after awhile ur gonna want more and the k20 HAS more with much more potential.

·
Registered
72 Posts
hmmm....

Ok Im not sure about prices for your area but i got my 07 si civic for 16,000 otd and at the time i wasn't good at driving stick my friend showed me once then i bought the car i just did what he said till i got better, "ease your foot off the clutch till the car starts moving then give it some gas and fully release the clutch"

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Depends on the type of deal you can get. I wouldn't touch that EX though the price is just too high for that type of mileage but it looks like the seller added the wheels and HFP kit to the selling price. You can get a brand new EX for a little bit more or even a used Si.

Also depends on what your needs are. If you want a daily driver both the EX and Si will do the job well and have pretty good gas mileage. If you want something that is fast or is trackable I'd save up and get something else. There are better platforms to work with if you're seeking performance.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts