8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

Hi Everyone

1K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  bluetwo 
#1 ·
Hi I live in Queens NY, and have been looking at many cars over the past few months. I want a 2nd car that can accompany my Honda Odyssey 2005 and replace my Chrysler Turbo Lebaron Convertible 1988. After seeing the Civic in person, I am considering to buy it. But have a few questions about it:

1)Approximately how much will a dealer here in NY charge for an EX-Sedan without NAV? Since I have NAV on my Odyssey I don't want to spend 1.5K on NAV again.
2)How are the stock Civic Headlights? Can anyone take a picture showing their distance against a wall? Do the fog lights improve vision out of the civic?
3)Are the LED tailights noticable, or do they look like regular rear lights? (I love LED tail lights) Anyone have pictures?
4)Is it possible to install the integrated turn signal mirror from the Hybrid onto an EX Sedan?
5)How much will a power drivers seat and leather seats cost on this Civic? Will dealer be able to instal these or do I have to go aftermarket?
6)Lastly, My Lebaron can accelerate 0-60 in 7.3-7.6 Seconds and can reach max of 145mph. How much is the Civic sedan's 0-60 Time and what is its top speed? (I don't want a coupe or Si)

Thanks for your help and hopefully if all my questions get answered I might get the civic by January. Hope to become a regular here on the forum.

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't live in your area, but the best bet is to build your car on edmunds.com with the equipment u want, and it'll say what others are paying for the car.

www.edmunds.com

I don't have the civic currently, so I can't provide pics - others will have to comment.

- the seats are cloth on all models. To go leather or power - you'd have to go aftermarket.

performance numbers according to msn. Other numbers I've seen posted in the real world have been much higher. The SI has been hitting 6.7 seconds to 60 for example. Take these for what they are worth. Bold is the 0-60 number.

Honda Civic Si coupe - I4 2.0L (197 hp) 6M + ABS / 7.38 - 15.68 93.20 129
Honda Civic LX coupe - I4 1.8L (140 hp) 5M + ABS / 8.04 - 16.31 87.90 145
Honda Civic DX sedan - I4 1.8L (140 hp) 5M + ABS / 8.18 - 16.44 86.70 136
Honda Civic EX sedan - I4 1.8L (140 hp) 5A + ABS / 9.52 - 17.35 82.00 139

#6 · (Edited)
Can't help with the prices but I can tell you that the headlights are outstanding!! I'll try to take a couple of pics for you tonight. I have to say that the headlights are the best I've ever had and I've owned quite a few vehicles. Even beats the BMW 325is I had and those were excellent. Low beams work well in snow, fog lights may help and I may have them put on at a later date but I'm very happy with stock lights as is. Hope that helps a little. I have the '06 civic sedan LX.

#7 ·
Thanks

I would like to thank everyone for the replies. I currently got a quote for an EX Sedan without navigation($1450 off MSRP) Is this good? They are also offering me an EX-Sedan W/Navigation for almost 2,000 off MSRP. These don't include Taxes and fees. Are they good or should I keep looking.

#8 ·
I think that's a nice offer. I don't think you'll be able to go much below that. The car doesn't have a huge margin of profit if you look at invoice pricing. Civics in general can usually be picked up for close to invoice. Since the car is so new, it'll just depend from dealer to dealer. Most aren't going that low yet.

#9 ·
Hi everyone, I just finally purchased a 2006 Honda Civic Ex. Didn't get much of a deal: $19,500 including: tinted glass, rear spoiler, mud guards, chrome exhaust finisher, bumper guards. I am pretty happy with the new car. It drives great and gets good gas milage. I never expected I would love it so much. As soon as I have the chance I will take pictures. Now i own 2 Honda's: a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring R/Nav and a Civic Sedan Ex w/o Nav. love the car!

#10 ·
pazbien said:
Hi everyone, I just finally purchased a 2006 Honda Civic Ex. Didn't get much of a deal: $19,500 including: tinted glass, rear spoiler, mud guards, chrome exhaust finisher, bumper guards. I am pretty happy with the new car. It drives great and gets good gas milage. I never expected I would love it so much. As soon as I have the chance I will take pictures. Now i own 2 Honda's: a 2005 Honda Odyssey Touring R/Nav and a Civic Sedan Ex w/o Nav. love the car!

That's great, Pazbien! Congrats. Looking forward to those pics. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.