8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i am thinking which bodykit to get for my fa5 sedan in nhbp. i want the hfp kit due to the paint already on and the oem fitment. but i kind of want the mugen kit for the looks and the low cost. but i am wondering if the mugen lip is too low. or maybe i can change it up and get different sides or something. gimme your opinion.

and which is better in your opinion. :thumb:

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I would go with the HFP kit, just because it looks so much more cohesive and fits perfect.

·
Registered
362 Posts
i'm trying to decide the same thing, i like the more aggressive look of the mugen, i'm waiting for a good imitation type r kit though

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
mugen back and hfp front and side...problem solved!

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
hmm i was thinking hfp front, mugen sides, and mugen back. cause the mugen front lip looks too low. will that look good?

·
Registered
151 Posts
i am thinking which bodykit to get for my fa5 sedan in nhbp. i want the hfp kit due to the paint already on and the oem fitment. but i kind of want the mugen kit for the looks and the low cost. but i am wondering if the mugen lip is too low. or maybe i can change it up and get different sides or something. gimme your opinion.

Mugen kit low cost, lol:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Hfp kit is $1287.00 and comes already painted, Mugen kit is $2091.86 and only comes painted Fiji Blue Pearl, so unless you found it for cheaper, which means knock off, then that's just funny, adn lets not forget you'd have to get it painted then, so labor wouldn't be cheap, and the big one is that you wouldn't be able to even buy it from a honda dealer anyways.

·
Premium Member
19,589 Posts

Unless something has changed in the last few weeks, the Mugen Si body kit is not available for any other Si. Honda has made it clear that a VIN # is required to purchase Mugen parts. Your only real option right now is the HFP kit unless you go with KingMotorsports or something.

·
Banned
1,872 Posts

I personally dont like the look of the hfp on the sedan.

I doubt you will be able to get the mugen kit since its strictly for mugen owners with their vin. they wont sell them to non-mugen owners. Plus, you cant get them cheap. The mugen parts will probably be 2x or 3x more than regular si parts.

Unless, you find knock-off mugen parts and they dont look as great. They will fade and break long term wise. Plus most times, you will have to get them painted while hfp kits come already painted.

If u were to get the aftermarket kits, might as well wait for the type-R one. :thumb:

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
The guy MUST be talking about a mugen replica kit. Because yes, the other ones are way too expensive, plus you'd need the JDM model or a front end conversion.

I just got the full HFP lip kit and it is t3h sex

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
sorry guys. i meant the replica of the mugen kit. it looks like the one on the csx. but somehow the replicas make the front end pretty low. i dont like the factory mugen kit. the front lip looks too out.

·
Registered
2,031 Posts
sorry guys. i meant the replica of the mugen kit. it looks like the one on the csx. but somehow the replicas make the front end pretty low. i dont like the factory mugen kit. the front lip looks too out.
ohhh thats why i ruled out the mugen front for you thought you were talking about the factory one..if you get the mugen replica..the csx version to fit in usdm then do it!

·
Registered
15,798 Posts
I don't think it makes it that low, just the one guy posting pictures of them is lowered and showing pics of it when the car is on an incline and the lip is basically resting on the ground.

I'd go with the HFP, personally, because of a few things. For one, once bought and painted, it'll prolly be more. And secondly, it doesn't look 'that' great.. something about it just looks cheap.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts