8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Banned
1,498 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im thinkin bout getting this from honda and i just want some feed back from any1 who may have this. i have an 07 si coupe on 18s. what are the pros and cons? is it really worth the $612 and the $212 install fee or should i look elsewhere for a better price or better suspension?
thanks

·
Registered
167 Posts
I just switched from Sportlines to the HFP suspension and I love it. I got it for $650 shipped from college hills honda and installed myself in about 3 hours or so. I say go for it, you won't be dissapointed. Plus, it handles WAY better than my sportlines with blown shocks did!

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
I had the HFP on my 2dr. and a buddie of mine has it on his 4 dr. Love it, no issues with rubbing, no noise, nice drop and u still have ur warranty. See if someone else can install it, thats a lot for instal!

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
dooooo it!! ^

im the one angel is talking about in previous post. <3 it!!!
covered under original factory warranty. you cannot go wrong with that my friend. :D

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
dooooo it!! ^

covered under original factory warranty. you cannot go wrong with that my friend. :D
Is the ride hard? I commute about 300+ miles a week on highway so I want to be semi-comfortable at the same time.

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Is the ride hard? I commute about 300+ miles a week on highway so I want to be semi-comfortable at the same time.
not at all. feels a lil stiffer than the stock setup but i always thought that was a lil bit too soft to be a "sports" car type feeling. (btw, HFP is about a 1" drop & Mugen is about 0.6" drop from stock ride height)

i just think of it like this...Honda would not produce anything such as this to have a hard uncomfortable ride nor would they allow something like this to be covered under your original factory/extended warranty. that's my thought-process on the matter.

the only exception to that would be the real CTR suspension setup. every review i read states its harsh under daily driving conditions & fantastic on the track or when you want to play on the street rough. :D

to use as a comparison, angel's Mugen suspension on his Mugen Si is just a bit stiffer than HFP & much stiffer than stock suspension... but i find it just perfect. if i had the money id sell the HFP for the Mugen setup. :popcorn:

·
Broke Baller
110,904 Posts
dooooo it!! ^

Did you have to use a camber kit for HFP Suspension? I've read that what ever "lowering" you do, you need a camber kit for it. I've also read that if its less than an inch then you dont so I just want an answer coming from someone with first hand experience with it. Cause if you , do, I am considering getting the prokit for now.

·
Registered
4,167 Posts
I have the HFP suspension on my sedan. No camber kit needed and zero noise and/or problems. I have piece of mind with the warranty and that it's all Honda. Sure, it could be a wee bit lower, but it handles great. If you can get it for a good price, do it!

·
Registered
10,943 Posts
Where do you drive to that much? Thats got to be harsh on ur car

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
Did you have to use a camber kit for HFP Suspension? I've read that what ever "lowering" you do, you need a camber kit for it. I've also read that if its less than an inch then you dont so I just want an answer coming from someone with first hand experience with it. Cause if you , do, I am considering getting the prokit for now.
no i havent used a camber kit as of yet. i did get an alignment & it was pretty off... but believe it or not, even STOCK you have negative camber in the Si world. guess its for handling is what i hear. idk.

i have 11K on my car & i changed to 18's at about 4K miles. so about 7K on the current tires & no visble sign of irregular wear...never been rotated yet either.

so far so good. :)

·
Registered
33 Posts
4dr Lx here and I love HFP it rides very smooth. I ride on 16inch though so that might smooth things out a little. And I can visually tell its dropped pictures don't do it justice. Looks weren't what I was after anyway.

If your going for better handling then why not get front/back camber kit's as well.

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
you should get a camber kit whether you're lowered or not. Allows you to get an race alignment which will make you handle like a dream. I just got an alignment on my HFP suspension with -1.5 camber front, -1camber rear, .04* toe out and i have yet to hear my tires scream through corners despite my actual efforts to make them chirp. Camber kits are a must for anyone who likes twisties and cant afford a custom made koni coilover setup.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
I am ordering my HFP suspension on FEB 1st, so looks like this thread convinced me more!

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
congrats & glad we could help you come to a buying decision. :)

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
im thinkin bout getting this from honda and i just want some feed back from any1 who may have this. i have an 07 si coupe on 18s. what are the pros and cons? is it really worth the $612 and the $212 install fee or should i look elsewhere for a better price or better suspension?
thanks

U should installed them urself.... Go to collegehillshonda.com and they have specific instructions and pics on the HFP suspension....

·
Registered
57 Posts
so you dont need a camber kit if you buy the hfp suspension? what if u just change the springs on a stock suspension? i just dont want my tires to wear uneven. thanks

·
Registered
5,372 Posts
so you dont need a camber kit if you buy the hfp suspension? what if u just change the springs on a stock suspension? i just dont want my tires to wear uneven. thanks
If u lower ur car with HFP u dont need camber but u would have a slight bit of negative camber, which even with the stock suspension u have... Now if u lower the car with aftermarket springs like Tein ur gona need camber kit in the back which I have on my set up... never needed it on the front...

And if u change the springs only, u would also mess up ur stock dampers... and end up buying new ones almost every year or so....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts