8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've given up on Koni and have decided on getting the HFP suspension for my CSX Type S. I have 2 questions though. Do I want the kit for the Si sedan or Si Coupe? And is there a local Canadian retailer that offers HFP goodies at a reasonable price? Ebay is plagued with sellers that only ship via UPS, who absolutely hose you with brokerage fees and taxes.

Any help would be appreciated. :sadwavy:

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
No Honda dealer in Canada can touch what they can sell stuff for in the states.
If you do a search on 'HFP suspension' you'll come up with a bunch of options :)

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Can you guy the parts separately?
Like i just want the HFP struts, can i just get those? anyone know?

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
07Ex said:
How is the drop on that suspension? I was thinking of getting it for my Si sedan.
Not much. If you wanna lower for looks, its not the one to get. On the other hand if you're worried about still getting up the driveway it shouldn't be a problem :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you ever get your HFP suspension? I would think the kit to get would be the Si Sedan kit. I'm looking into this now for a Type-S, would love to know what you found out.

·
Registered
163 Posts
If you want to order from the states .There is a guy that takes delivery of items by the rainbow bridge .I you pick items there and bring it across yourself .I had several friends do this and they are happy with the service .The guy charges by the pund I think.

·
Registered
5,911 Posts
Can you guy the parts separately?
Like i just want the HFP struts, can i just get those? anyone know?
they dont come separately. i checked this with a few dealerships both in CA and US.

Can anyone help me out regarding which HFP kit fits the CSX? Sedan or Coupe?
as others have said....get the sedan one

How is the drop on that suspension? I was thinking of getting it for my Si sedan.
the drop is about 1.2" in the front and 1.1" in the rear once the springs settle down. plus the drop is different in case of sedan and coupes....i just got the kit and its perfect overall. the car is heavy and any lower you go will result in a very stiff and bumpy ride. for me...it provides the perfect balance b/w looks and performance.

·
Registered
163 Posts
^ elaborate on that? he accepts your shipments? then meets you at the rainbow bridge border?
He does this part time .The guy lives just around the corner from the bridge .He accepts packages for Canadians .You pick the stuff up at his place and pay a small fee .I`m pretty sure the charges by the pound .

I`ll contact my buddy to get the information .I will post it as soon as I get it .

·
Registered
163 Posts
The information as promised.

The name of the place is Can-Am Mail Box Rental, although you really don't need the name. The only time I used it was when US Customs harassed me about why I was entering the country. The address is; 2315 Whirlpool StreetNiagara Falls, New York14305(1/2 block from the Whirlpool Bridge) (716) 284-6245 Owner/Manager's name is Bob Seager, really! When ordering package all I give them is my name and their address. Bob accepts any package as long as it's his address. When you pick it up he charges you by the weight. $5.00 up to a certain weight and if heavier it goes up a few bucks by 10 pounds I think? I've only ever been charged the 5. Any questions give him a call.

·
Registered
2,542 Posts
u can also rent a po box like kinda thing and pick it up urself. this will eliminate the issue of shipping cost (most stores ship at a much lower cost within US) but the biggest issue which is custom is still there.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts