8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see them on ebay for $600 shipped.

They apparently drop your car 1.5" which is what I want.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh the drop is that little, is it noticeable though?

Have you ever driven without the HFP suspension, for comparison sake.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Yes, the drop is noticeable and I have driven a stock Si of the same year as mine. Trust me when I say that the handling is quite better with hfp suspension. There is far less body roll and cornering is much better. A word of warning: The ride is much stiffer as well. i love the stiffness of the ride, but some may find is harsh. Tell your GF to wear her sports bra when she rides with you...;)

·
Registered
574 Posts
I was just about to post this same question. ha ha I really think the drop, even if just a bit, will set the car off. Dont you guys think?

B

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
hey guys im getting HFP the end of the month waiting for my car to get fixed, small dent on the passenger side. well anyway cost of installation roughly around 150 bucks i asked my local car tuning shop FusionWorksRacing and im also getting HFP lip kit at the same time

i say its worthy to buy it rather than being chepa and just buy the lowering spring

·
Registered
406 Posts
Car looks sweet MutantChees, oh BTW, do you konw if there are going to be any meets in the NO/ BR area any time soon? I really want to check out some other people's set up, especially the springs. Please pm me if you do know of any meets.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
you saying $600 off ebay then just go to collegehillshonda and buy it there same price AND your guarantee to get it some ebay sellers are Sh!T head and dont ship the item you buy after you already payed for it

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
Lilwolvy3 said:
Car looks sweet MutantChees, oh BTW, do you konw if there are going to be any meets in the NO/ BR area any time soon? I really want to check out some other people's set up, especially the springs. Please pm me if you do know of any meets.
Thanks! :thumb:

PM sent.

·
Registered
4,668 Posts
I'm looking to go HFP suspension after a year of driving the car. Only kit out there that lowers the car under an inch. I got this outrageous installation quote from the Honda dealer. So outrageous, I forgot what it was.

·
myspace.com/assistant_ar
5,306 Posts
I'm looking to go HFP suspension after a year of driving the car. Only kit out there that lowers the car under an inch. I got this outrageous installation quote from the Honda dealer. So outrageous, I forgot what it was.

we have the sam crap i went to honda and ask them how much it will cost me for the installation of HFP suspension and a HFP lip kit they quoted me for $800 oh HELLL no. So detour went to my local tune car FusionWorksRacing they said between 150 - 200 for both so F*ck off Scholfield honda im goign to FusionWorksRacing for the installation

·
Registered
85 Posts
HFP Susp. Kit doesnt look like its lowered from stock. My stock suspension looks lower than the HFP. I can only fit two fingers in the rear. No pun intended, Im just saying if people what to lower the Si, I was recommended by Honda to use KSport or Eibach Springs to get the nice drop.

·
Registered
10,259 Posts
Ha ha, I had been looking for a picture of the Si w/all the options I want and finally found MutantCheese!

I want NBP. I want Navi. I want HFP kit. And I want HFP 18" rims.... I may not be able to afford the rims... yet!

but yea, I've looked at all of MutantCheeses pics and I LIKE IT

·
Registered
163 Posts
Im aslo thinking of getting the HFP suspension. I have heard the handling is a lot better. Im also concerned with a noticable drop.Mutantcheese your car looks bad ass! Im wondering if the drop looks perfect because of the 18's or the suspension in general.

·
Registered
5,616 Posts

Thats the problem man never go to the dealer for install quotes. Sure they know what they are doing (maybe...) but you will pay them top dollar.

OP the HFP sounds like a good setup based on your criteria.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts