8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok, when I bought my 07 LX 4 door I had them install the HFP Suspension...I thought that it would be a little lower than it is, so now I am going to purchase the Tein S.Tech's to get an additional drop...It seems that people are constantly arguing the question of whether or not stock shocks will hold up or whether you need a camber kit when putting lowering springs on stock suspension....

So I thought I would put this out there for debate since I am about to do this in a less than a month...I have the HFP Suspension and plan to remove the springs and replace them with the S.Tech's, so does anyone foresee any camber or shock issues being that I am only getting a possible .5" additional drop?

:popcorn: :popcorn:

·
Registered
2,899 Posts
You're still going to need a camber kit if you want to get the rear camber back to normal.

If you're serious about improving the handling i'd get a set or two of front camber bolts too. They're cheap

The HFP dampers will still blow faster just like stock dampers on S-techs because they weren't made for being dropped that low. They're stiffer than stock so I guess they'll last longer than my stock shocks did with a 1.5 drop (4-5 months).

My car is bouncing like crazy and I can't wait to get a set of konis when they come out.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ok, so the Tein S.Tech's that I was going to order off of eBay ended up being counterfeit, so i went and bought some Progress Sport Springs from Cor Sport, should have been shipped out yesterday or this morning, I am gonna have them put on sometime this week...When I do I will post up pics and also give my opinion on how the HFP Susupension handles with the Progress Sport Springs and any issues I may encounter...

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Before Progress Sport Springs...HFP Suspension

Progress Sport Springs Installed...

ok, so let me say that I am VERY IMPRESSED with this product! I was worried that the ride would be bouncy, but it's NOT AT ALL! It gave the car a very nice drop, plus it still has to settle, which will mean more drop...I have the HFP Suspension and just swapped the springs out...I can firmly say that the ride on Progress is 100% better than the HFP springs, much stiffer, just a better feel all together. Before we put the springs on I could place 2 fingers in between fender well and the top of my stock tires, now i can barely get 1 finger in there and i have to angle it to get it in there, so tires are tucked just a bit...I CANNOT WAIT FOR SPRING TO GET HERE SO I CAN THROW MY 18's BACK ON!!! With the settling that is yet to come those 18's are gonna make the car look SO SEXY!!!

***Also, with just replacing the springs from the HFP Suspension, NO camber kit was needed***

I RECOMMEND THESE SPRINGS TO ALL OF YOU!!!

·
Registered
13,652 Posts
seems pointless to me, but to each his own. You would think that it would make more sense to get the tokicos or something like that. The hfp struts are valved for the hfp springs.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.