8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I'm debating on the HFP kit or the Eibach Pro-Kit.

Which one feels closer to stock in terms of ride comfort?

Also, when people say they have the Pro-Kit, do you mean just the springs?

Cause there are different Pro-Kits as follows:

Pro Damper Kit

Pro Kit Springs

Pro-Street Coil-Over Kit

Pro-Street-S Coil-Over Kit

Pro-System Plus Kit

Pro-System Kit

Thanks...

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
pro-kit springs are the only pro kit avaialbe for our car.
i have the pro-kit and ride is a little more bumpy than stock.
the HFP kit wont lower the car as much as the pro-kit, but from what i hear, it is a much better setup.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
IMO, the hight of the prokit is perfect, with a camber kit it handles good. and when aftermarket adjustable dampers come out, pair them with the prokit and it will be much better than the HFP kit.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I agree. HFP drop is not low enough but the Pro-Kit is not slammed.

Thanks for the suggestion... Now, do you recommend a pair of front and rear camber kits?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
well, to bring your car back to stock camber adjustments you only need the rear. but if you want the camber kit to actually help your cornering, you will need the front also.

as i dont track my car, i didnt really car to much for the sharp cornering and just did the rear. i havent had any problems yet, 6k later.

·
Registered
511 Posts
I've been researching this myself and it was between the eibachs prokit and the hfp and I have decided to get the prokit because I just didn't want to pay $400 extra for the hfp. Also some say that with that little of a drop you can get away without having a camber kit in the rears and the fronts are only $20-40 versus the $250 for the rear. Now if I can only decide if I should get the prokit first or the vibrant header. After those two, I'm done messing with my car.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I guess at a 1.0" drop in the rear, there's not need for it to get adjusted...

Any thoughts?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
"adjusted"?.... you mean a camber kit?

yea, you should get it. after i dropped my car the rear camber was at -2.5 compared to the stock setting of -.8

·
Registered
511 Posts
NIGHTHAWKSI said:
^you get the DC header and the pro-kit for the price of the vibrant header.
Yeah the DCRH is a cheaper way to go but the Vibrant has a cat and 2.5" diameter compared to DC and much better quality. I just want to bolt it up there and not have to worry about it breaking and have no smog issues. Some cops are dicks and look under your car when they pull you over. I just don't want to have any issues. Just want to do it once and not worry about it. I don't want the reflash either. $400 for better mid-range and a higher rev limit? I'd wait for something else tuneable. I forgot to add getting a short shift kit/bushings, prokit, then vibrant. That's probably how I'm gonna go then I'm done. I should be at or around 200whp which was all I wanted. I also forgot I'll be doing some testing with a ported intake manifold for Go Power Racing sometime this month hopefully. They wanted to see if porting the manifold really gives up to 20hp as others claim. I can't really ask for more out of a 4cyl engine with good mpg, high revving engine than 200whp.

·
Registered
283 Posts
i have the eibach pro and i will be dumping them for the hfp's. i have them on stock shocks and on 18 inch rims, it rubbs when you go into a bump. you will need a camber kit, after i put the springs on w/o an alignment the rear was noticeable from a very far distance that it was butterflying. yes hfp costs 400 more but you also get shocks with it.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Now I'm thinking the HFP's also. Prokit with the camber kit = $450+ while the HFP's are $600 and no need for camber kit and it can be under warranty.

·
Registered
209 Posts
what about just the HFP dampers and then the eibach pro-kit springs? or even the sportline springs? any thoughts on this?

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
^its a good idea,but expensive way to get dampers. you cannot get them outside of buying the enttire HFP kit, so oyu woul dneed to spend $600 for teh HFP kit, $200 on teh eibach springs, and then $200 on a camber kit.

IMO, if you want better dampers, wait until some aftermarket ones come out and just use the stock one until they blow.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts