8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey you guys, quick question. Do the HFP 18'' Rims (Carbon Bronze Finish) fit on the 08's? The Honda factory parts websites say HFP 18'' Rims (Carbon Bronze Finish) only fit the 06-07 Si. And the 08 Si ones only come in Blade Silver, which isn't what I'm looking for. I like the gunmetal look.

Thanks.

Heres a link (Same as HandA): 2006-2008 Honda Civic Alloy Wheels for Coupe

·
Registered
661 Posts
So if I went with the ones I wanted (06-07) I just wouldn't have the TPS?

Yes, the wheels are identical except for the tire pressure sensor.

You should be able to get a set of sensors from your dealership to mount on the Carbon Bronze wheels.
(they may even be able to simply transfer the sensors off your stock wheels)
The sensors from the blade silver HFP wheels will fit the carbon bronze since the actual wheel is identical.

I would ask your dealership if they are capable of installing the sensors on the wheels for you before you buy though.

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
http://www.diyhonda.com/podcasts/episode91_civic_tpms_large.mov

The above link has all the answers to your question. In short: You need to take the tpms sensor off of each wheel and put it on the HFP ones. There will be a couple CM gap between the sensor and the inside of the HFP wheel...College Hills recommends you put a piece of foam double-sided tape to fill the gap...

You'll see if/when you watch the video, they show you how it's done :thumb:

(I'm a noob and don't even own an Si!!!)

·
Registered
453 Posts
I just bought some HFP's and I have an 08 SI....is there anyway we can just not transfer the TPMS sensor and then just pull a fuse so that the TPMS dash notification doesnt show up?

I dont really need the TPMS anyway.....

·
Registered
10,258 Posts
I just bought some HFP's and I have an 08 SI....is there anyway we can just not transfer the TPMS sensor and then just pull a fuse so that the TPMS dash notification doesnt show up?

I dont really need the TPMS anyway.....
I don't believe so. I'd have to do some searching but I think it's been covered before and I don't think it's that easy. I wish it were...

·
Registered
453 Posts
Ya man, i'd appreciate it if you would do a little searching....i mean, i dont think it would bother me TOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much if i had to drive around with the TPMS system light on at all times......I got the rims for super cheap, so if it does bother me then i'll probably just sell them to someone else......

·
Registered
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Eh, it gets annoying see a thread I posted from fuggin' 1972.

But I doubt there is a way you can get rid of the TPMS dash light, its becoming a law now-a-days for cars to have that ****. Just put them in.

·
Registered
453 Posts
ya, i just watched a video on collegehillshonda and they installed the TPMS sensor on an 07 HFP wheel, and the only difference is that the sensor does not fit flat against the rim, it is a few MM off the rim.....i wonder if that will set off the TPMS sensor....do you have any idea man?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.