8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have a 2008 Civic Si with the HFP suspension, now at 210K miles ( bought at 7K miles). Today I learned that I need to replace the rear shocks soon. I really like the performance of this suspension. I also own a 2015 GTI and I think the Civic feels more light and handles better still. My problem is that the HFP is long gone now I assume.
Anyone have any suggestions for the shock absorbers to maintain the performance. Ride wise I'm fine if I can keep it the same.

TIP- Odd thing for years I had the Pilot Super sports and COnti DW's, and this year I put the Conti All Season Discount tire warehouse special and now I think it pairs the best with the current suspension. Am i Crazy?

·
Registered
921 Posts
So I have a 2008 Civic Si with the HFP suspension, now at 210K miles ( bought at 7K miles). Today I learned that I need to replace the rear shocks soon. I really like the performance of this suspension. I also own a 2015 GTI and I think the Civic feels more light and handles better still. My problem is that the HFP is long gone now I assume.
Anyone have any suggestions for the shock absorbers to maintain the performance. Ride wise I'm fine if I can keep it the same.

TIP- Odd thing for years I had the Pilot Super sports and COnti DW's, and this year I put the Conti All Season Discount tire warehouse special and now I think it pairs the best with the current suspension. Am i Crazy?
Hey bud I'm riding with Truhart shocks and Tein S techs. Feels good to with no complaints. I had Buddy Club N+ coil overs before, then went back to stock to sell those, but hated the wheel gap. Redshift wrote up a good review on the setup so I went with it.

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would go with Koni Yellows and use them with your HFP springs. They have adjustable dampening so you can soften them for daily driving and stiffen them for any performance driving you may do. Highly regarded shock and seen as the best entry level, adjustable damper on the market.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts