8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have ordered my side and rear lips and are awaiting their arrival.

In the meantime, I was reading up on how to do install it myself. As I was reading the section for the rear, it says to use the template and cut your bumper with a hacksaw. This is the first I have heard of needing to do that.

Is it a necessary step?

For clarification, see step #: 1-4 at the below link...

http://www.collegehillshonda.com/instructions/8th_gen_civ_coupe/rearunderbodyspoiler.pdf

Thanks!

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Not neccesary. I did not cut mine, it was fine. Just make sure you thoroughly clean the area that the tape mounts to and make sure it sticks.
Awesome, just what i needed to know :thumb:

Yea, I did the front by myself and it was easy as hell. just wanted to see if i could save myself some unnecessary work.

+rep

·
Registered
5,153 Posts
nope, they're easy...just take your time and use the templates, mark the spots with a felt tip pen or something...i used tape. rear is easy as hell...no cutting needed. just take your time... i thought the front was the toughest which you already have done...so no worries!

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
nope, they're easy...just take your time and use the templates, mark the spots with a felt tip pen or something...i used tape. rear is easy as hell...no cutting needed. just take your time... i thought the front was the toughest which you already have done...so no worries!
hmm, good to know. good to know

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
extra set of hands would help!
my brother comes home tomorrow for a few days. hes gonna help me :thumb:

hey... fapper, do you have any pics of the front of your car? i wanna see how the black housing looks on ASM from a few different angles... and the only pics i can seem to find are where people have a CF hood

·
Premium Member
22,779 Posts
wow, this is the first ive heard of the rear NOT needing to be cut... :( is it by any chance different b/t 4dr & 2dr??

guess Honda's shop directions are incorrect then by cutting a square near the exhaust portion of where the bumper clears it.... maybe this only applies to stock exhaust? any clarification on this? i have the HFP sports muffler & it was on after i got the full HFP aero kit installed @ my Honda dealer/work.

·
Registered
6,705 Posts
Yeah im not sure why they would want you to cut your bumper, I didn't and couldn't figure out why they would want that...

·
Registered
17,663 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
wow, this is the first ive heard of the rear NOT needing to be cut... :( is it by any chance different b/t 4dr & 2dr??

guess Honda's shop directions are incorrect then by cutting a square near the exhaust portion of where the bumper clears it.... maybe this only applies to stock exhaust? any clarification on this? i have the HFP sports muffler & it was on after i got the full HFP aero kit installed @ my Honda dealer/work.
it may be different, i dont know. :eek:hnoes:

Yeah im not sure why they would want you to cut your bumper, I didn't and couldn't figure out why they would want that...
Yea, i cant imagine why you would have to ct the bumper to put on an OEM part. but you never know, lol. thats hwy i asked :thumb:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.