8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Hey, I have those 18" wheels on my car. Does anyone have them and if they do, are you experiencing issues with the finish on them? Any info would be great...thanks. I'm fighting with the dealership over them right now.

·
Registered
635 Posts
they look great, what was the issue with the finish, fading or flaking and cracking?

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
The finish was coming off anytime a rock hit them. Plus, I noticed that the dealership scraped the rims pretty good when putting on the tires. When I first brought this to their attention, they tried to tell me to file an insurance claim. I think they were hoping I was a stupid girl and would just do it.

Next, they tried to tell me that these were high performance rims and I shouldn't use them to drive on everyday. I called BS on that too.

I'm not sure if maybe the old rims weren't cured long enough, but they replaced them with the same wheels and I've driven on them for over a week now and I haven't had any flaking or chipping.

·
Registered
5,361 Posts
JacklynAnn said:
The finish was coming off anytime a rock hit them. Plus, I noticed that the dealership scraped the rims pretty good when putting on the tires. When I first brought this to their attention, they tried to tell me to file an insurance claim. I think they were hoping I was a stupid girl and would just do it.

Next, they tried to tell me that these were high performance rims and I shouldn't use them to drive on everyday. I called BS on that too.

I'm not sure if maybe the old rims weren't cured long enough, but they replaced them with the same wheels and I've driven on them for over a week now and I haven't had any flaking or chipping.
high performance rims? not to drive everyday!? wtf is there problem, i wouldve strangled them lol

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Yeah, it pissed me off pretty good. I just stared blankly at them when they told me that. I had to try really hard not to go crazy on them, but I succeeded :)

·
Registered
187 Posts
I work at a Honda dealer (service) and all these stories I hear just make my stomach hurt. We NEVER treat customers like that.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts