8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i've been told that the rear of the HFP lip kit for the SI and the Non-SI is different... what's different about it? so can i fit the rear SI lip kit on a non-SI?

reason is bcuz i got a fbp ex and apparently, fbp was only available on the si in the states...

edit: whoops.. i just realized i posted this in the wrong section

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
they're all same.

Nope, the cutout on the Si version is more oval shaped, the regular HFP rear lip is circular shaped. This is to accommodate the oval shaped exhaust tip on the Si.

There's two different part numbers:

For Si: 08F03-SNX

Except Si: 08F03-SNA

Just like there's different parts for the MT/AT & Si HFP suspension kit.

·
Premium Member
19,580 Posts
Nope, the cutout on the Si version is more oval shaped, the regular HFP rear lip is circular shaped. This is to accommodate the oval shaped exhaust tip on the Si.

There's two different part numbers:

For Si: 08F03-SNX

Except Si: 08F03-SNA

Just like there's different parts for the MT/AT & Si HFP suspension kit.
Exactly. He beat me to it. problem solved :thumb:

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
yeah to that! people just don't know what they're talking about! they're two different styles, but they should fit the same. i rather get the Si version! just my 2 cents.

·
Registered
923 Posts
Taking a look at the instructions, you have to take off the rear bumper on the Si to install the lip. The markings will also probably be different for where to drill holes.

·
Registered
3,036 Posts
so... would the si one fit the non-si? or would i have to modify it a bit so cutout fits a circular exhaust tip?

I would think the Si version would fit a non-Si, but the regular version would not fit the Si exhaust tip properly.

Granted, style wise, there's no difference in appearance as far as I can tell, just the one area near the exhaust tip being shaped appropriately to the corresponding exhausts.

Location for exhaust exit and height are the same, and general profile look the same.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts