8th Generation Honda Civic Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey,

is it just me or is this how it's supposed to be? Just got it installed today and my girlfriend is extremely disappointed. First of all, the color(white) isn't even close to being the same.and behind the rear wheel wells, it doesn't line up at all. Then I have some gaps around the front. Is this how they are? Should I take it back? What's the deal?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
81,069 Posts
hyisbm said:
hey,

is it just me or is this how it's supposed to be? Just got it installed today and my girlfriend is extremely disappointed. First of all, the color(white) isn't even close to being the same.and behind the rear wheel wells, it doesn't line up at all. Then I have some gaps around the front. Is this how they are? Should I take it back? What's the deal?

Thanks
Everyone has had problems with the colors not matching entirely thru the car. Even on the bumpers themselves.

Well not everyone but numerous

·
Banned
49,418 Posts
Take it back...there shouldn't be any gaps and the color should match

·
Registered
527 Posts
Yeah my TW kit doesn't match either...it's not noticable to anyone but me but I can tell it's a shade off. Same with my Si grille (probably more noticable than the kit).

No gaps at all though.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I will try to get some nice pictures tomorrow. By the time she got home it was starting to get dark already. She called me when she picked it up all upset. Nobody could give her a acceptable explanation other than because it's not metal it will look different. I thought she was exaggerating until I saw her driving on our road. You can definitely tell the color difference. Her example was: you see those cars with unpainted body kits, that's what it looks like. And it is pretty noticeable. I really don't know what to say. I thought since it was going to be straight from Honda there would be no issues at all. But I am also extremely disappointed. I'm going to take a better look tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,195 Posts
Burrcold said:
Yeah my TW kit doesn't match either...it's not noticable to anyone but me but I can tell it's a shade off. Same with my Si grille (probably more noticable than the kit).

No gaps at all though.
Is the that Brembo brake on your avatar on your civic? If so where did you buy it??

·
Registered
953 Posts
Yeah, shade was off on mine when I put mine on.

For the gaps.. did you use the spacers that came with the kit? I'm sure you just didnt install it right.

·
Registered
1,969 Posts
There's a trick to making it fit without gaps. It involves washers, IIRC. Somebody else may know more specifically.

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
just so everyone knows, the shop (Honda) installed it. I will be taking a much better look in a bit. For those that also noticed the different shade color, you're fine with it? It just sticks out like a sore thumb. Are you saying that's as good as it's going to get? There's no way I can get them to repaint it to match? Because if that's how it is, she would rather have it taken off. Also, does anyone have nice pictures of the kit behind the rear wheel wells? There's like a huge gap between the kit and the body. Or is that how it is? Because that is horrible also.

·
Banned
14,725 Posts
i have coem to notice that the civic has 2 different shades of paint. the bumpers are a different color than teh rest of the car. and my front lip matches teh cars paint, not the bumpers. its not that bad and can only be noticed in certain light conditions. so your probably just emphasizing the color difference of the bumper by adding the HFp kit.

as far as gaps go, there shouldnt be any. tkae it back and show them. have them fix it.

·
Registered
414 Posts
also since your car and your kit were prolly painted in 2 different states altogether and your car sitting out in the sun, it changes the color of the paint, so the hfp kit is prolly the right color and your car has begun to fade.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
I never noticed a dif between my bumpers/HFP/body. I have Fiji Blue so maybe that is why. Fitting issues..definately take it back to the dealer. I absolutely love mine and have never had the slightest bad thing to say about mine. I have heard the plastic/metal thing about paint colors looking different. My friends new Spec V is that dark blue color and his bumpers/spoiler look almost teal compared to the body. I wouldn't be too happy with that.

·
Registered
11,919 Posts
The only real "solution" would be to have the entire car repainted, that way they're using the same paint in the same conditions to paint your entire car. But, yes, I do see that the kit is a bit more white than the bumpers.

·
Registered
2,168 Posts
From the side profile, it isn't that noticeable. Seems to stand out in the front where it's brighter. Up close you can tell, but it seems like it's going to be one of those "I know it's not right, so it's going to bother me no matter what" things. IDK how far you'll get with the dealer, but it's worth a try.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts